Scubapro Nova Fins vs basic fins Cressi Pro Light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishWatcher747

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First year diver here. When I started on this journey February 2020 with pool sessions I bought an inexpensive pair of fins, Cressi Pro Light retails at $60 US. I like them okay but of course as the journey progressed I had gear envy and wanted a pair of Scubapro Novas just because they looked so different.

When I used the Novas I liked them but was not overwhelmed with the difference. Are the retail $240 US fins better?

So this week I put them to a test. 25 yard pool, timed 900 yards no touching the wall. Using mask and snorkel, arms at side. Similar effort.

The Novas were 3.6% faster. The increase in speed seems to be all in initial acceleration. In a 25 yard pool there are a lot of abrupt stop and starts and the Novas get up to speed faster. Once at top speed the fins are equally fast.

In recreational diving there is also a lot of stopping and starting. Look at this fish, hover, then swim and look again.

So are the Novas worth 4 times the price? That is up to you to decide,

Back
Top Bottom