Scubapro MK5 and MK15 Regulators- Can either of these be saved?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hello people from scubaboard!! I'm looking for the procedure of intermediate pressure adjustment in the scubapro MK15, I have the technical Service Referencf & Repair Guide but that part is missing, please help!
There is no real procedure of IP adjustment.
If you have assembled the 1st with it's spring and shims, the IP should be between 125-145psi in the 300-3000psi tank pressure range.
If it is higher, reduce the shims, if that doesn't help, you have to change the spring.
Same thing with the case when IP is too low, just add shims (not more than three shims in total) or change the main spring.

I was taught stay closer to 125 if cold and closer to 145 if warm.. or 135 for both.. I can't tell a difference between either end.

I am by no means an expert (on anything really).

My MK15s tend to stay around 125-130, and I dive exclusively in warm water. There's plenty of flow and IP stays rock solid for years. I can't even remember the last time one of them creeped. They are just very, very reliable regulators. Unfortunately SP has stopped supporting them and it's getting more difficult to find seats and/or service kits. Often when I have bought a service kit online it was more than 20 years old (not used, NOS) so I toss the o-rings and use the seat, bushings, and filter. At one time I was able to buy several seats, that's the only really crucial part to get from SP, and my stash is slowly dwindling. So eventually I'll have to retire them.

This is a really old thread, BTW, there's even an awap contribution.

Not to hijack, but why would you want to keep the regulators at this point? I have a couple from the early 90's, working fine and still serviceable because the parts can still be found. I was recently told that at some point the supplier will stop making parts available, which made sense to me. It was not an upsell by the shop but more of a heads up.

Not to hijack, but why would you want to keep the regulators at this point? I have a couple from the early 90's, working fine and still serviceable because the parts can still be found. I was recently told that at some point the supplier will stop making parts available, which made sense to me. It was not an upsell by the shop but more of a heads up.
Some of us end up liking either specific regs, or just the history in general. I, personally get a kick out of diving regs older than I am... Usually that means alternative parts sourcing... Sometimes it means making parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom