ScubaPro MK25 DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
The inner O-ring in DIN regulator has been blown out last night. Fortunately, I brought the back up regulator so that I could dive though.

I have a couple of question about ScubaPro MK25 DIN reg.

1. What is the spec. of the inner O-ring (See the attachment)? I know that the standard DIN O-ring use “112 (I.D.:1/2, O.D.:11/16, C.S.:3/32).” How about the inner one? I can’t find P/N number for that O-ring.

2. I have an extra 300 DIN conversion kit for a Mk 25 (PN 10-045-030, See the attachment). But, there is a difference on the center hole’s shape between the kit and DIN configured Reg (I bought DIN reg from the beginning. See the attachment)? Do I miss something on the DIN configured reg.?

3. While I was checking the regulator after O-ring being blown out at the diving site, I think some parts have been dropped out, but I couldn’t find out what it is. Is there something I missed on the picture (See the attachments)? It might be “Spring?”

Thanks in advance,
Hoosier

that pretty much looks like everything thing is still there from what I can see. I also have a DIN configured MK25 that I work on myself. I can't recall the part number off the top of my head but that white o-ring is the external ring. The internal ring (which is beyond the point of your disassembly) is the same spec as the LP port o-ring that comes standard on just about any LP hose. That should really help you.

The first attachment shows the internal ring (black one). The outside one is the creamy white color. Is there any "Spring" for corn filter? Thanks.

The part number for the o-ring should be 010-50-428

You should also have a spring, part number 010-20-179. The filter is installed with the large end first and the spring sits over it and holds it in place.

The sintered iron filter you have is an older style filter. The newer ones are made of thin wire and are not quite as pointy shaped.

Thanks DA Aquamaster,

So, I need to get two parts, inner o-ring and spring. Is that all?
Moreover, do I need to have new filter, too? Is there any better off?
I bought this regulator about a month ago though.

When I saw the center hole of both this stock DIN with extra DIN kit, DIN kit is fully filled with some stuff, but stock DIN is pretty much empty hole. Is this caused by the filter difference?

Thanks in advance,

DA Aquamaster:
The part number for the o-ring should be 010-50-428

You should also have a spring, part number 010-20-179. The filter is installed with the large end first and the spring sits over it and holds it in place.

The sintered iron filter you have is an older style filter. The newer ones are made of thin wire and are not quite as pointy shaped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom