Scubapro MK18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnny Quest

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about the SP MK18? I was looking at getting my first regulator and one LDS mentioned the SP MK18. They stock the Scubapro line and have this one and the other Scubapro regulators in stock. I have not been able to find anything on the Scubapro web site about this regulator. I was looking at this one and the Aqualung Legend. But I would like to see some literature on the SP MK18 that I can compare with the Legend.

Johnny Quest:
Does anybody know anything about the SP MK18? I was looking at getting my first regulator and one LDS mentioned the SP MK18. They stock the Scubapro line and have this one and the other Scubapro regulators in stock. I have not been able to find anything on the Scubapro web site about this regulator. I was looking at this one and the Aqualung Legend. But I would like to see some literature on the SP MK18 that I can compare with the Legend.

I love my legend the mk25 is closer to the legend in breathing at depth.

Johnny Quest:

I have a mark 18 with a g250HP. Love it, but not enviro sealed. I dive mostly bad vis to black water, including cold (below 40 degrees). No complaints. The mark 18 is out of production in the SP line, but generally similar to the Mark 16 with a swivel turret like the Mark 25. You should get a good deal on the 18 since it is no longer in production, and Scubapro is great with warranties (personally avoid buying regs that do not have the dealer warranty).

Not sure of your needs, et cet, but I think the Mark 17 will be available in the new SP catalogue later this fall/ winter. Similar port arrangement to the Mark 16, but enviro sealed.

I have the spec sheets on the mk 18, send me an email and I will get it too you (too large a file to post on the board). Bunch of threads on the board about the mk 18, try a search.

Discontinued? No wonder he said that he could give me a better price. And after doing a quick search here, it does not sound like he is giving me that good of a price. He said the list price was around $ 600 something and that he could let me have it for around $ 400 something. He was including it in a total package, so I do not know the exact price. They do include the first two years of service on the regulator at no charge. So I do not know if that is worth the extra price or not. I am in no big hurry to get it now, so I may look around some more.

I called them up and they said that the second stage that comes in the box is a G250HP. And they quoted me $ 580.00 on the phone. That was not with a complete package, just the first and second stage.

I've got a Mk18 and two G250HP's for second stages, love it. Breathes very nice down to 110' (haven't been deeper). Price seems a little steep though, Mk18 and one G250HP should be closer to $300. If you search the threads it gets pretty high marks, just works.

You should be able to find < $300 for the MK18/G250HP combination. These were selling at $250 around Christmas 2003 where we previously resided. In-store, authorized dealer.

I bought a MK18 (first stage only, a bit > $100) but we have moved away from the cold water climate, so I'm going to make it my dedicated < 40% O2 breathing mix first stage. I do like my MK25 and MK20 but as my name implies, cold waters aren't my cup of tea.

Go to the Scubapro UK web site - check the 'utilities' section - the 'technical posters' part still has the MK18 shown there, if you want to see it. They have a pretty cool animated demo of how a second stage works in the Utilities section also. No idea why this isn't on the Scubapro US web site.

http://www.scubapro.co.uk/utilities.asp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom