ScubaPro MK17 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver:
I had a mk25 but cant use it for ice diving. I intend to match them both with an AGA mask and using the s600 on the pony for ice diving this winter. I will keep you posted as to how they breath in comparison to my mk25.

If you don't need the Mk25 anymore, PM me. Lets talk. :wink:

Comrade

Putting An unbalanced second stage on a Mark 17 is like putting a 4Cylinder in a corvette WHY?

Actually, it makes good sense. Many, so-called "unbalanced" seconds are superior performers and they work best with a constant (balanced) supply pressure. One could argue that it would make more sense to fix a "balanced" second stage to an unbalanced first stage. After all, if the second stage were truly balanced it would compensate for any fluctuations in the unbalanced first stage. They won't and they aren't.

The MK17 is just another balanced, diaphragm regulator of good quality. US Divers/Aqualung has been producing them since 1964 in one form or another. Scubapro finally got the word. Flow through, balanced pistons are flaky, gimmicky and goosey, the divas among divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom