Scubapro Mk10+ working but needs service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Picked this up in violation of my "only buy it if you can get parts for it" policy. Turns out, parts aren't super easy to find unless you want to pay $45 on eBay.

I took this apart and checked, it's the plus model. I cleaned it in my ultrasonic cleaner, and reassembled it with orings sourced from my collection-- they are NOT appropriate rebuild kit orings, and this regulator should not be used before being rebuilt.

It has some ip creep, starts around 140 and creeps up to 150, I took it off the guage without waiting too long to see where it ended up. The seat has not been replaced, only orings, and again, the orings were the best I could source from my collection but they are not the appropriate rebuild kit orings.

The chrome is flaking off in several places, as you can kind of see in the picture.

And, the DIN inlet tube is missing the sintered filter, and for whatever reason, when tightened to the appropriate torque, makes the handwheel hard to turn, so I do have the black plastic thing that goes at the base of the DIN inlet tube, I just left it off to test the reg out. The piston shows no discoloration so I believe it is the higher quality stainless steel piston.

Again, this needs to be rebuilt. Could be a really nice reg for someone who enjoys these things, but I'd rather sell it and use the money to buy more dive rite or hog regs, as those are what my collection increasingly consists of.

mk10.JPG

$60 shipped in the CONUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom