Scubapro MK10 Rebuild Question - 1st Time DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got an update.

The washers arrived today. Couldn't believe they charged 6.50 postage for 10 washers. Another learning experience. Anyway, the washer is almost a perfect match for thickness. My trim job for diameter is not pretty but I think it will work just fine. Thanks again.

McMaster has some that are close to the size you need,Nylon Flat Washer, 7/16" Screw Size, 0.500" ID, 0.688" OD. It would be pretty easy to make them work, unfortunately they come by the hundred plus shipping.

Maybe a dumb question, but does ..... 7/16" Screw Size..... matter as long as I can find a washer of the correct ID, OD and thickness ?

You are correct that the dimensions are all that matters. If you have to cut down the outside dimension of the washer anyway you should try and find the inside dimension that fits as made because it will be the most difficult dimension to modify. Don't forget to look at the metric sizes, 13mm would be just about perfect for the inside diameter. If you could find 13mm X 24mm X 1mm it would require very little modification to work if the 1mm isn't to thick.

You are correct that the dimensions are all that matters. If you have to cut down the outside dimension of the washer anyway you should try and find the inside dimension that fits as made because it will be the most difficult dimension to modify. Don't forget to look at the metric sizes, 13mm would be just about perfect for the inside diameter. If you could find 13mm X 24mm X 1mm it would require very little modification to work if the 1mm isn't to thick.

Ok, roaming around seastrom-mfg.com, searching through NYLON, PTFE and NYLATRON with the following search parameters (trying to find a match for a Scubapro MK 5 flat washer)

Specs as provided by Notsure from an OEM washer:
ID: 0.509 "
OD: 0.935 "
Thickness: 0.034 "

My search parameters:
minimum ID: 0.500 "
maximum OD: 0.940 "
Thickness: 0.030 - 0.040 "

I'd say my closest overall match was: 5610-173-31 (NYLON) as follows:
ID: 0.511 "
OD: 0.906 "
Thickness: 0.031 "

I'm only finding (2) thicknesses available:
Thickness: 0.031 " and 0.040 "

I haven't had a chance to check out the metrics.
Would you choose the one I selected as close enough to OEM specs or something else ?
Should I go with thickness 0.031 " or 0.040 " ? I'm almost leaning towards the 0.040 " thickness to avoid a 'wobbly' turret, assuming it won't cause any fit or clearance issues elsewhere.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I doubt you will do any better than the one you found in nylon. It should be a very good fit in my opinion. They will vary in dimension slightly due to manufacturing tolerances so I doubt the washers you receive will match the advertised spec. to the thousandth.

I'd say my closest overall match was: 5610-173-31 (NYLON) as follows:
ID: 0.511 "
OD: 0.906 "
Thickness: 0.031 "

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom