Scubapro MK10 Rebuild Question - 1st Time DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McMaster has some that are close to the size you need,Nylon Flat Washer, 7/16" Screw Size, 0.500" ID, 0.688" OD. It would be pretty easy to make them work, unfortunately they come by the hundred plus shipping.

The thickness is important, that SP part is thicker than a typical washer I suspect.

If they are on the high side of the of the spec . range they should be fine. Min0.026"Max 0.036"

I have an extra you are welcome to; but I'm in Cozumel for a week if you can wait. If I remember correctly, all SP turrets have the same part number for that washer, so it should be in stock at any SP dealer. The new version is a bit different than the old one. The I.D. and thickness are the same, but the O.D. is smaller.

All of the SP washers I measured have the same inside diameter and thickness as couv mentioned. The one from a MK25 UL is smaller but would work fine in a MK10.

IMG_1141.JPG
Old MK5, MK10, MK25UL

Thanks guys.

Couv. I am going to order the washers that Notsure found. If they don't work well I will take you up on that offer. Cozumel huh. Jealous.

All of the SP washers I measured have the same inside diameter and thickness as couv mentioned. The one from a MK25 UL is smaller but would work fine in a MK10.

View attachment 219235
Old MK5, MK10, MK25UL

Hi Notsure, can I trouble you to kindly do those neat micrometer measurements/specs for the 'old MK 5' washer and post them here as well ? I know the ID (inner diameter) and thickness are the same as the MK 10 washer, but what about the OD (outer diameter) ?

I'm doing a major google search for suppliers, and I found someone apparently better in selection than mcmastercarr today: Seastrom Manufacturing

But I'd like to make as close to an identical OEM spec match before ordering.

Thanks !

Have a look at McMaster Carr product number 95630A245
$5.41 per pack of 10

95630A246
PTFE (Generic Teflon)
ID0.500"
OD0.688"
Thickness
Minimum0.027"
Maximum0.035"

Have a look at McMaster Carr product number 95630A245
$5.41 per pack of 10

95630A246
PTFE (Generic Teflon)
ID0.500"
OD0.688"
Thickness
Minimum0.027"
Maximum0.035"

...which now has me wondering about which 'material' is best.....nylon vs PTFE (Generic Teflon) vs ???

The original Scubapro washers appear to be nylon but I think PTFE would work fine and might be easier to cut to size.

IMG_1142.JPG
MK5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom