Scubapro MK10 Rebuild Question - 1st Time DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks halocline.

Those cone filters are darn expensive. Can you clean and reuse?

I rarely change mine unless it looks really bad. Usually just a good detergent cleaning with a toothbrush. Sometimes a short ride in the US cleaner. Give it a close inspection to make sure everything is still intact.

I think I have picked spares up in bulk lots of repair parts on ebay at good prices.

I rarely change mine unless it looks really bad. Usually just a good detergent cleaning with a toothbrush. Sometimes a short ride in the US cleaner. Give it a close inspection to make sure everything is still intact.

I think I have picked spares up in bulk lots of repair parts on ebay at good prices.

would a soak in vinegar clean up oxidation and "open" up or restore the permeability? followed by a really good rinse?

would a soak in vinegar clean up oxidation and "open" up or restore the permeability? followed by a really good rinse?

If the filter material is oxidizing, it is probably time for replacement so you don't have to worry about particles breaking off (really bad). If it is just some stuff being trapped in the filter, detergent and a blast of air should clean it up. I tend to go light and short on any acid.

If the filter material is oxidizing, it is probably time for replacement so you don't have to worry about particles breaking off (really bad). If it is just some stuff being trapped in the filter, detergent and a blast of air should clean it up. I tend to go light and short on any acid.

thanks!

When I opened up my second eBay MK 10 purchase I discovered it did not have a swivel washer. I cleaned the regulator up and reassembled it with out the washer but that leaves too much play in the swivel. Is there something commonly available that I can substitue for the missing washer? I looked at Lowes and Home Depot but nothing even close.

When I opened up my second eBay MK 10 purchase I discovered it did not have a swivel washer. I cleaned the regulator up and reassembled it with out the washer but that leaves too much play in the swivel. Is there something commonly available that I can substitue for the missing washer? I looked at Lowes and Home Depot but nothing even close.

Did you notice the excess play before you disassembled it? Sometimes that washer gets stuck in the reg body while you're taking everything apart, only to fall out while you're cleaning it. Look around, you might get lucky. Otherwise check at a friendly SP dealer, they might be able to get one for you. As a last resort, find another one, measure it with a micrometer, and try to match it at mcmaster carr. They'll probably have something that will work.

Here are some approximate dimensions.

IMG_5165.JPGIMG_5166.JPGIMG_5167.JPG

Did you notice the excess play before you disassembled it? Sometimes that washer gets stuck in the reg body while you're taking everything apart, only to fall out while you're cleaning it. Look around, you might get lucky. Otherwise check at a friendly SP dealer, they might be able to get one for you. As a last resort, find another one, measure it with a micrometer, and try to match it at mcmaster carr. They'll probably have something that will work.
Yep. I considered that possibility. I try and be really careful but may well have gone out with the trash yesterday. Will look around again tonight. And no, I did not notice the play before I took it apart. My bad.

Thanks. Checking my options.

---------- Post added November 7th, 2015 at 03:07 PM ----------

Of course I am not finding that exact size. It will be a pain but I have sheets of mylar. Could I cut this and use it. It would take several layers but I am willing if it will work till I can find a better replacement.

McMaster has some that are close to the size you need,Nylon Flat Washer, 7/16" Screw Size, 0.500" ID, 0.688" OD. It would be pretty easy to make them work, unfortunately they come by the hundred plus shipping.

McMaster has some that are close to the size you need,Nylon Flat Washer, 7/16" Screw Size, 0.500" ID, 0.688" OD. It would be pretty easy to make them work, unfortunately they come by the hundred plus shipping.
Thanks. Missed that one. Got it in my cart. Will order Monday if I don't find it the original by then. Hundred count is probably a good thing given my luck so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom