Scubapro mk10 piston wall damage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

p_kos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have polished a similarly “pitted” MK20 with the @rsingler recommended micromesh (few minutes spinning it around in there with a finger) and it came out perfectly smooth and works without leaks. I have also assembled a couple regs with the same level of wear without polishing and they too work just fine. Without polishing, even if it works fine, I suppose the oring may be prone to failing sooner running over a rougher surface but I have no long-term data/experience to confirm this.

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a mk-20 with a bit of crud on the wall. It seems to have some drift. Wondering if it is the cause. Need time to work on it...

Can't Talk ... Diving

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've got a mk-20 with a bit of crud on the wall. It seems to have some drift. Wondering if it is the cause. Need time to work on it..
Pretty sure drift/creep is related to the HP seat and the piston edge. The wall damage would let air pass by the main piston o-ring and bubble out of the body. Easily evident.

Drift isnt uncommon with SP pistons - not a huge deal if they lock up reliably.

OP
Tr4lover

Tr4lover

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Got the 108hp all ready for Mexico this weekend.

Attachments

• 20220514_011608.jpg
    20220514_011608.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 7
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Top Bottom