Scubapro Meridian Review or Experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I'd choose the Meridian looks and feels very sturdy certainly more so than the D6i. It will likely have a more liberal algorithm if thats important to you and looks like a non propriety strap can be fitted. I had a play with one in a shop and the menu was pretty easy to navigate. I'm not sure of prices where you are located but its cheaper than the D6i over here, of course the D6i is AI though. I guess if you want AI then it's the D6i, if not you can choose either.

Thanks buddhasummer! Actually, I have the Meridian with me which I got from a package from the dealer of Scubapro here in the Phils. It'll be my first time diving with it later. I've read the manual but there are still a number of things I don't get like how to set it in Apnea or Gauge mode. It's also a bit annoying that I can't switch off the sound when pressing the buttons without messing with diving alarms as well, but I can live with it I guess. The AI of the D6i is a big plus but I'm just worried that it might malfunction underwater.

Thanks buddhasummer! Actually, I have the Meridian with me which I got from a package from the dealer of Scubapro here in the Phils. It'll be my first time diving with it later. I've read the manual but there are still a number of things I don't get like how to set it in Apnea or Gauge mode. It's also a bit annoying that I can't switch off the sound when pressing the buttons without messing with diving alarms as well, but I can live with it I guess. The AI of the D6i is a big plus but I'm just worried that it might malfunction underwater.

You're welcome. I find it hard to believe that you cannot disable the button sound without affecting the alarm functions, this is to my knowledge a pretty standard option. As far as switching between between dive modes if you cannot figure it out yourself is it possible to take it into a dive store and have them show you? I'm going to see if I can download the manual and have a look. I'll post again once I've done this.

You're welcome. I find it hard to believe that you cannot disable the button sound without affecting the alarm functions, this is to my knowledge a pretty standard option. As far as switching between between dive modes if you cannot figure it out yourself is it possible to take it into a dive store and have them show you? I'm going to see if I can download the manual and have a look. I'll post again once I've done this.

That's what I thought as well. Still trying to figure out. Good idea, I'll probably bring it with me to the shop where I got it from. My initial impression on the unit during my weekend dive is that it scratches easily, I don't know how I scratched mine though as I was trying to be careful with it.

I also cannot figure out how long my surface interval is, I think I have to do it manually. For a more liberal algorithm, I read somewhere that his Suunto D4 has somewhat similar algorithm with the Meridian at Microbubble setting L0, but that's the most liberal setting. I also mine to that but when I had to do my safety stop, I had to go a little higher compared to our dive instructor using a Suunto Stinger. Hmmm...now why is that? :)

I'll probably give it more dives before deciding again.

I have noticed that my Meridian also scratches very easily. Not very good top materials. Not talking about the glass, I'm talking about the metal. And I also try to watch it and be very careful with it.

Also, I have about 10-15 dives with the computer. Couple of days ago, just before I dive, I press the top right button, and it popped out on me? With the spring and kind of flew on me on the pavement!!! OMG! This computer has only 15 dives! This is very disappointing. I'm seriously wondering if I'll ever by another Scubapro dive computer. I've had all kinds of computers, and I have never had a button just pop out like this. Anyone else experienced anything similar???

That's what I thought as well. Still trying to figure out. Good idea, I'll probably bring it with me to the shop where I got it from. My initial impression on the unit during my weekend dive is that it scratches easily, I don't know how I scratched mine though as I was trying to be careful with it.

I also cannot figure out how long my surface interval is, I think I have to do it manually. For a more liberal algorithm, I read somewhere that his Suunto D4 has somewhat similar algorithm with the Meridian at Microbubble setting L0, but that's the most liberal setting. I also mine to that but when I had to do my safety stop, I had to go a little higher compared to our dive instructor using a Suunto Stinger. Hmmm...now why is that? :)

I'll probably give it more dives before deciding again.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your Meridian, Atanasovski. Hope you can still have it repaired or better, replaced.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to download and save the dives to the computer. I used the cradle with the Logtrak software but I couldn't save the dives on my Mac, I can just view them but when I remove the watch, the logs also disappear.

Thanks!

on my second meridian - and a button came out of this one too.. off to service and then it'll be for sale (they replace the whole thing)

I have a meridian too and I cannot find some information in the manual
in particular how do I know if it is connected with the hrm?
I can see the heart icon sometimes slow blinking sometimes still
it is a sin they didn't do a better job on the manual... at least describe all the icon meaning
if somebody found out how to use the hrm please let me know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom