Scubapro Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtles , i wear a 12 and use a 5mm booty right now and the XL jets would not fit my foot , they barely made it bast the ball of my foot.

Folks start wearing XXL Jets when they get into size 9 Rockboots... though I'm sure they are quite loose in them... Turtles would seem appropriate for any sizes 10-13 with XL Jets in the 8-11 range and XXL Jets in the 12+ range.

fwiw - I just switched to wearing size 14 canvas high tops (Chuck Taylors) and they were too small in the XXL Jets, but a perfect fit in the Turtles...

Let us know what you find works, as that will help everyone else too...

Aloha, Tim

When I occasionally use Jets I have been using them with a thin neoprene sock/bootie inside a Nike water shoe. Perfect fit into my XL Jets for my size 11 feet.
This allows me to walk over rocks and such and when the water shoe wears out I just get another set. The water shoe has a thin but supportive bottom that slides right into the Jet pocket nicely and helps keep my arch from being collapsed. I just cannot find any boots that fit nearly as nice. The boots they make today are to thick. There used to be boot styles that were more like the water shoe "shape" but a boot. Have not seen any since the 70's. I saw some super thck boots with an air cushion sole. I could run a marathon in them. They will of course never work well with the flatter Jet Fin foot pocket. N

I would say to try the fins on (with your rock boots, of course) before buying.

I can tell you that I have a size 10 1/2 foot, wear a size 11 Whites rockboot, and use the ScubaPro XXL Jets with spring straps and have no issues.

I was taken back a bit by the sheer size of the foot pockets. Looked like you could drive a bus into those things. :D

Regards,
--'Goose

I am getting my DUI suit early next week...with size 12 rock boots. I went to my LDS tonight...put on the thermo protection for my feet, slipped on the feet of the drysuit, and then the rock boot...I brought my XL jets with 12" spring straps and found out really quickly that aint gonna work....I got it on...but had a tough time pulling the springs back to get on my foot..and the fin just wasnt on my foot enough to be comfortable.

So which size springs do I use with the XXL 8" or 10"?

I'm not sure how the DUI Rock Boots size 12 compare to BARE's Trek Boots size 12 but the XL Jets fit nicely...

jepuskar:
I am getting my DUI suit early next week...with size 12 rock boots. I went to my LDS tonight...put on the thermo protection for my feet, slipped on the feet of the drysuit, and then the rock boot...I brought my XL jets with 12" spring straps and found out really quickly that aint gonna work....I got it on...but had a tough time pulling the springs back to get on my foot..and the fin just wasnt on my foot enough to be comfortable.

So which size springs do I use with the XXL 8" or 10"?

Have you tried the XXL's yet? you might find they are way too big for size 12, and need to go with Turtles... it's just what I found with my size 14 canvas shoes (similar to rockboots)

Aloha, Tim

the comments listed are quotes from someone who tried them... so I guess this is my way of double checking the data... sorry if I confused the issue for you... and with the variations in the manufactured fin it seems things vary quite a bit... too bad really

Let me know your opinion once you've tried them though.

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom