Scubapro Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanked

Extreme Non-poster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What size jet fins can I use with size 12 DUI Rock boots, large, or X-large?

Tanked2.0:
What size jet fins can I use with size 12 DUI Rock boots, large, or X-large?

I would suggest you to try the jets first of all. My foot size is also 12 and with my drysuit with turbosoles (which I believe are smaller than rockboots) I even think that the XL is too small.

I suggest XL......try with booties...

Cheer
Jason

I doubt eather will work, you may want to try the Super Rockets. The pocket on the otherwise exellent jets is just not made for a larger size rock boot. The Rockets have a far better design for the foot pocket.

Kidspot has done some research on this. I'm guessing XXL should work.

Keep in mind, that while Jets are great fins, the sizing makes no sense. M are tiny, L are intermediate, XL are big and XXL are bigger yet. No Jet will fit folks with huge feet.

The XXL jet is an odd bird. The pocket is about the same height as the XL, but is so wide you would have to have incredibly flat, wide feet to be able to use them. You just can't seem to to get the boot all the way to the bottom of the pocket. The Super Rockets, on the other hand, have a high pocket, and the top is opened up to allow your foot to slip in snugly. I have also found that they are easier to remove than the jets. I hope somday that SP gets in the game and redesigns the Jet to better fit rocks, it's the only drawback to an outstanding fin.

I Am a huge fan of the Jets, and have been diving then for more than 25 years. But the simple fact is, the foot pocket is a poor design for rock boots, and they seem unwilling to take care of the problem. The Turtles are an exellent fin as well, but have the same basic design as the Jets, a huge, wide pocket that has a habit of fitting loosely on some feet.(side to side) That said, I cant seem to find any inherant problems with the Super Rockets, they dont have the same power of thrust as the Jets, but actually work better for backing up. Probably due to the slightly narrower blade design, and the stifness of the blade itself. Add the superior pocket design, and I can't see where they "suck" for any reason. All 3 of these fins are at the top of the food chain when it comes to the more "technical" use of fins, and Im pretty sure you can't go wrong with any of them. Just go with the fin that fits YOU the best, and don't worry too much about who makes them. Even the best equipment is no good if it can't work well for you.

try TURTLE FINS. exact profile of jets but with big foot pockets. i have a size 12 and i found he turtles fit way better

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom