Scubapro Jetfins vs Apeks RK3 HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi I dive with BPW alum and jetfins. No weights. No wetsuit. Dive tropical

I have been diving with jetfins for years. Nope there is really no problem. i can hold my trim.

but lately Ive had stuff attached to my bpw, for like 2 flashlights. doing long hose.

I was thinking of going with a bit less negative fins. I love my jets but it takes control to raise them... I don't want neutral fins. but just a bit less negative.

will the Apeks RK3 HD be less negative than the Scubapro Jetfins?

I'm not aware of the difference in weight between those two.
For myself I went for the OBS Slipstream fins. Must say that the difference in weight with Jetfins is very much noticeable.

I'm not aware of the difference in weight between those two.
For myself I went for the OBS Slipstream fins. Must say that the difference in weight with Jetfins is very much noticeable.
its not the dry weight. more like the bouyancy in water. jets are a lot negative. i was hoping the apeks hd is still negative but not so much? anyone can shed light on this?

its not the dry weight. more like the bouyancy in water. jets are a lot negative. i was hoping the apeks hd is still negative but not so much? anyone can shed light on this?
My DS told me the OBS Slipstream fin is positively buoyant. Hence why they are often used by wetsuit divers like myself.

They fit to standard luggage, and they don't weight so much. I travel with them all over the world.
ok i'll look into those. as long as they're a bit less negative compared to jets.

Fins are a personal choice. I've tried both and the RK3s are not heavy although they are advertised as that. Scubapro Jetfins all the way.

Back
Top Bottom