Scubapro Jetfins: Anyone notice they're harder to find?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I was told is that scubapro was moving to a new production facility so they have stopped producing them at there old location but haven't started at their new location yet. On top of that the military basically bought whatever stock they had on hand. I have no idea if this is true or not, thats what the guy at my local shop told me when I bought my pair.

Maybe that's what they said. Possibly moving to another plant that has more production capabilities.

I believe they have also introduced a new size to fit the infamous gap between XL and XXL. I don't know what they call it.

Here's what I heard on that.
The new *in between* size is going to be the new XXL, and the old XXL will now be called the XXXL.

I also heard that the reason for such a large gap between the original XL and XXL is that the XXL was later developed initially for the military to fit a size 15 combat boot.
That accounts for the huge foot pocket size. The purpose was so SEAL's landing on a beach could shed their dive gear and be in full combat dress ready to run and fight.

Here's what I heard on that.
The new *in between* size is going to be the new XXL, and the old XXL will now be called the XXXL.

I also heard that the reason for such a large gap between the original XL and XXL is that the XXL was later developed initially for the military to fit a size 15 combat boot.
That accounts for the huge foot pocket size. The purpose was so SEAL's landing on a beach could shed their dive gear and be in full combat dress ready to run and fight.

Cool! I have a set of Turtles that fits between the XL and XXL Jets, but the blade is wider and shorter than the XXL Jets, which is why I'd like to get the XXL Jets. I may wait to see what the XXLv2's look like :)

Yes, they are harder to find. I ordered a pair for a friend and had to wait 3 months. I eventually go a pair out of France.

Back
Top Bottom