Scubapro Jet Fins: What size to get with boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up just going to my local dive shop last night to try on some Jets. The XL was too small to fit all the way on and the XXL was WAY too big... silly big. I am going to take my chances and order some Turtles according to Kidspot's site.

If I am reading right... Turtles only come in one size right?

yeah - only one size for Turtles - they fall nicely between XL and XXL Jets.

Let us know how they end up working for you.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. I can actually wear my size 13 combat boots inside the XXL Jets ... silly big is a great way to describe them - made for clown shoes I think ... course that's what I wear, so they fit nicely :D

dsater:
I ended up just going to my local dive shop last night to try on some Jets. The XL was too small to fit all the way on and the XXL was WAY too big... silly big. I am going to take my chances and order some Turtles according to Kidspot's site.

If I am reading right... Turtles only come in one size right?

Before you order the turtles just make sure you like the XL trek boots and that they are a perfect, snug fit for you. If they are loose you end up with lots of gas in your boots = floaty feet = you'll hate them and will end up buying smaller boots and then you'll have to sell the turtles too... that's what happened to me so i just wanted make a note of it. (actually my drysuit got lost in the mail and i received the replacement a few days before my dive vacation at which point i realized the problem with fins and boots and made the hasty decision of buying the turtles... live and learn).

I actually just ordered the turtles. My trek boots are a size 10 with a little room at the toes (Cause I actually wear 9.5 is shoes). With my thermals on it should be a nice fit... I hope. I am use to rushing into things for the sake of fun so we'll see how she goes for my dives this weekend.

N_Horta:
I use Whites evo3 rockboots, size 10:

xl jets- to small
xxl - to big
turtles- perfect fit, very easy to get off, great fins too

:)
Nuno

Yea I really like Whites EVO Rock Boots. I think that is what I'll get next.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom