ScubaPro jet fins - what size is comparable to the RK3 HD Super?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Dooley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Love my RK3 HDs... but diving twin HP100s in a bit of current yesterday has me considering a fin with a bit more power - let alone when I add a stage bottle. A tad more negativity would be nice for trim also. Seems like the Jet Fins might fit the bill.

In my drysuit + Chuck Taylors I dive the largest (Ultra) RK 3 available. I'm guessing the XXL would be the correct sizing from Scubapro?

Love my RK3 HDs... but diving twin HP100s in a bit of current yesterday has me considering a fin with a bit more power - let alone when I add a stage bottle. A tad more negativity would be nice for trim also. Seems like the Jet Fins might fit the bill.

In my drysuit + Chuck Taylors I dive the largest (Ultra) RK 3 available. I'm guessing the XXL would be the correct sizing from Scubapro?
I can’t answer directly but I have size 15 feet and use xxl jets but I also have many pairs of boots and shoes and tend to match the boots to the fins, pretty sure you’ll fins xxl to be about right unless it isn’t.

I find the SCUBAPRO Jet Fin sizing to run small. I have Hollis 2XL and DiveRite 2XL fins that I wear with my drysuit boots. No way that my 2XL Jet Fins will fit. I would need to go to a 3XL Jet Fin. For 5mm Size 11 US Wetsuit booties, the Scubapro Go Sports Size L fit great. A size XL JetFin is too tight, so I go with a size 2XL Jet Fin.

It was my impression is that it depends on when and where the Jetfins were made, as there was some variability in what the size designations meant physically.

I was wearing Large RK3s and and currently using XL jetfins, probably XXL would be adequate for someone who used to wear super size RK3.

old XXL jetfins were huge and are functionally the same size as the current 3XL. the new XXL slots in between the old XL and XXL and is close to the super sizing for the RK3

you may want to also consider the XXL Hollis F1

I used the Super in RK3HD and went to XXL in newer camo jetfins. I think the next size up do not have spring straps. The jet fins are slightly tight on my feet size 10.5 with Hollis rock boots.

It may be worth saving yourself some hassle and trying them on in person.

I used the Super in RK3HD and went to XXL in newer camo jetfins. I think the next size up do not have spring straps. The jet fins are slightly tight on my feet size 10.5 with Hollis rock boots.

It may be worth saving yourself some hassle and trying them on in person.
Are you saying they make a 3XL jet fin? I don't think I"ve encountered that online.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom