ScubaPro Jet fins..anyone snorkel with them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
My jets are on their way and was wondering although I bought them for diving has anyone used them to just snorkel? I have always used the same fins to dive and snorkel and am curious if these will also work?:confused:

Thanks.

stangscuba98a:
My jets are on their way and was wondering although I bought them for diving has anyone used them to just snorkel? I have always used the same fins to dive and snorkel and am curious if these will also work?:confused:

Thanks.

I use mine for occiasional free diving, but they're not as effective as the long free diving fins. Great for snorkeling around, though.

They might not be the best fin for snorkeling but they works for me. But you will certainly find they pretty heavy though. They tends to sink a bit.

I do all my freediving in Jets - as stated above, a long blade may be better - but I like my Jets and they work great - the extra weight actually helps keep them in the water better for new snorkelers, who have a tendency of making half their kick stroke above the water too...

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
I do all my freediving in Jets - as stated above, a long blade may be better - but I like my Jets and they work great - the extra weight actually helps keep them in the water better for new snorkelers, who have a tendency of making half their kick stroke above the water too...

Aloha, Tim

Thanks for your pics of the fins and the sizing. I ordered a L and quickly changed my order to XL after seeing your chart and pics.:D

Ive used the atomic split fins and they are great for diving, really fast fin.Thats the thing ,really fast fin.If your comfortable snorlking at a fast pace they would probably work out great.

I like the slight negative bouyancy they give you when you snap down for a quick dive in a wet suit.After that move I usually want to hover so they are great there as well.

I also have a pair of atomics but they are so ....not good at hovering that I dont use them much.

Now if I only did one dive a year and it was a drift dive the Atomics would be great. But, they splash a lot when you snorkel, and that isn't good if Bulls have been known to pass thru!

I only own jets, so yes, I snorkle with them, too.

DennisW:
I only own jets, so yes, I snorkle with them, too.

Good to know. Cannot wait until they arrive this week.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom