Scubapro Go Travel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is my review of the Go Travel fins - as I found very little about them here. Most topics are about the Go Sport, their larger cousin.

Normally I am using Scubapro Jetfins in wetsuit and Hollis F1 in drysuit, and I like both fins. I have seen the Go Travel fins first time 2 years ago in Thailand, in a dive shop. My first impression, on land, was that they were too small and too soft, so I did not buy them. At that time I was using a pair of Mares Avanti Superchannel for travel.

This year, for some reason, while doing snorkeling with my son, I started to feel that the full foot Mares fins were too tight for me. I decided to order a pair of Go Travel fins (XL size, wearing 43 shoe size), out of curiosity.

When they arrived, I put them side by side. They are only 2-3cm shorter than my Jetfins, almost as wide, and stiff enough. I don't know if the design was changed/improved during these 2 years since my first contact with them, or was it that I just had no Jetfin to compare to initially, but they look very robust and solid, not like I thought 2 years ago.

The first feeling in water was that I was wearing snorkeling Jetfins :). They had a lot of power, i was able to even back kick or even fool around by frog kicking while snorkeling.. the overal feeling was amazing. I used to use Jetfins once or twice wile snorkeling and the feeling was exactly the same, only the Go Travel were much lighter and adequate.

Then I decided to give them a try while scuba - even if not easy at all, as I cannot wear them with boots and the shore is full of rocks and mussels. Nevertheless, in water they provided enough power and the overal feeling is close enough to the Jetfins. They are comfortabile, you can frog kick, you can back kick and you feel that you push water with them. Jetfins are definitely heavier (my feet were floating a little bit too much with the Go Travels) and stronger, but the Go Travel are very nice (and better than other fins that I have seen). I will definitely use them for tropical diving from now on.

If the current is too strong for Go Travels, then it will be too strong for Jetfins anyway, even if you can probably fight it a little bit better - it's not worth swimming against such strong current, you'd better just drift with it..

I have and use both but I don’t use the GO as much as the GoSport, the Go is maybe a bit better in the water, a few % more power it seems but it’s limited use for me as I don’t often dive from a boat in barefoot situations. I used a pair of GO in Truk and a different pair in Maldives, boat diving for all dives there, the performance is why I was excited to hear about the GoSport with the full size foot pocket and used them for a lot of cold water drysuit diving. I’m beck to Jets for cold water because a backplate change made the heavier fins a better choice, use the GS nearly everyday in my pool and they are my go to travel fins where shore diving is expected.

I got them this past Summer for my trip to Croatia and I'm so happy I did. They're fantastic for everyday snorkeling and they also worked great for me during my few dives there. With my limited experience, I found both flutter and frog kick efficient and easy to perform in them. So easy to pack into luggage as well.
Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am curious, did you use the GoTravel with boots or neoprene socks or just bare feet?
I used them with bare feet which worked well both for snorkeling and scuba, but I think I'll get some neoprene socks for comfort next time I pack them. The size I got is way too tight for my booties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom