Scubapro go,sport fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe
What are the skegs for? Are they optional?
I believe to prevent sidewise shuddering… I have experienced that on some rental fins…

What's the best way to purchase/try the GoSports? Should I look for an LDS that is a SP dealer, or roll the dice and buy online?

What's the best way to purchase/try the GoSports? Should I look for an LDS that is a SP dealer, or roll the dice and buy online?
I bought online, very few online have them in stock and two local dealers didn’t either here in Denver.

Ok thanks. I guess travel and warm water are synonymous. Guess folks wouldn't travel to dive in cold water.
Not so fast!

I, too, traveled one trip for cold water diving, because it offered me things I couldn't get anywhere else. Garibaldi, kelp forest, bat rays, harbor seals, California sea lions...quite a range of animals on a Channel Islands trip out of California.

My Notes For Researching My California Dive Trip - My Notes for Researching My California Dive Trip
Truth Aquatics Vision Trip Aug. 2016 - https://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/truth-aquatics-aug-2016-trip-report-california.532435 (Note: since the Conception disaster, a great deal has changed).

Despite all that, yes, warm water tends to have a stronger draw, unless there's something special you want to see in colder water.

I bought these fins for warm water travel diving with low top booties, but they are now my go-to fins for local cold water diving, as described by drrich2. If your feet tend to sink, you will like them.

I, too, traveled one trip for cold water diving, because it offered me things I couldn't get anywhere else. Garibaldi, kelp forest, bat rays, harbor seals, California sea lions...quite a range of animals on a Channel Islands trip out of California
Just read your CI trip report - really nice. One of these days I'll man up and try cold water. I know I'm missing a lot...

These are going to be used in cold water travel at some point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom