Scubapro gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba pro is a great choice the reg your thinking about or the MK25 (what I use). when I travel I have a Dive Rite Transpack which folds very nicly and compact. I have conected to it an Air2.

I could not be any happier with my Scubapro Knighthawk. I'm not crazy about the Air 2 so I went with the Balanced Inflator option instead. Besides I heard you could die if you use an Air 2...lol (j/k).

OK, made my purchase;
BC - TUSA Platina Cube
Regs - Oceanic FDX10 + Delta 4
and lots more :)
I've got a pool session next week to try it all out then it's off to the local inland dive centre (Vobster Quay). Thanks for all your input.

Tusa and Oceanic are great manufacturers. While I'm not familiar with the regs and BC you purchased I hope all goes welll and you have a great time diving.

I dive ScubaPro and it is great equipment in my opinion. The Knighthawk is an excellent BCD. There is some legitimate criticism of back inflate BCDs because of the tendency to push your fact into the water on the surface. This is easily corrected by loading the rear pockets with weight (nicely removing it from your front weight pockets) and not over-inflating the BC while on the surface.

The other side of that coin is the stability underwater.

Although I am in the process of switching to a BP/W, that is no reflection on the Knighthawk. The switch is to facilitate some specific diving objectives. The Knighthawk is great, travels well and is easily configurated.

The SP regs are top notch and not only do I use them, they are what I have for my 11year old daughter.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom