Scubapro Galileo G2 short NDL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Computers are stupid: feed them the wrong numbers in, wrong answers will come out. And vice versa -- unless the software is screwed. In other words a defective unit would have a defective timer and/or pressure sensor (numbers in), and that should be noticeable on screen: wrong time, wrong depth, and in the logs later on. If, OTOH, it's the software that works like that, then every G2 should be exactly as "defective" as this one.

That said, these little chips of silicon have become so complex that weird magical flukes are no longer entirely out of the question.

I'm reposting my findings here that I made on the Scubapro forum since the same issue was discussed on that forum.
Galileo G2 too short NDL on 2° dive???

In a nut shell, based on the Scubalab chamber dives, there does appear to be a difference between the ZH L8 ADT MB PMG algorithm and the ZH L16 ADT MB PMG.

Scubalab Scubapro.PNG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom