scubapro equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HNITSUJ once bubbled...
DID'NT WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A SMALL WAR. I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR SOME PR'S AND CONS TO IT.
JUSTIN

This is just how we discuss things. If you want to see a war check the "France" thread :)

WW

put em uuuup......put em uuuuuuuuuup

WreckWriter once bubbled...

This is just how we discuss things. If you want to see a war check the "France" thread :)

WW

HA HA HA...that's funny...I never got to finish what I wanted to write yesterday in the thread we hi-jacked......

I wanted to say you sold the boat, but kept the anchor...but damn puter died at work...by the time I got home and got back on-line....it wasn;t near as funny

HNITSUJ once bubbled...
I am new to diving. Just about certified. I've been going to my local shop here on Long Island. He's been very helpful and his prices are good, he's even beaten leisure Pro without any bargaining. He is a Scuba Pro dealer. When you mention that brand in other shops, the most common reaction is "you lke to spend money". I know Scubapo is expensive but is it really good stuff? Naturally, my dive shop swears by it and I own some of it and it seems good. Other competitors who are not Scubapro dealers have other things to say. Any opinions?

In my opinion, their regs are the best around. Really great regs. I am also fond of their Jet Fins and Frameless masks. Their BCs do not impress me but, I am biased towards the BP&W.

I have seen a good number of SP regs with piston o-ring failures. I just switched to my Apeks after seeing the last one. Sealed is the way to go, IMO.

I haven't seen any jet fins fail yet, though.:D

Munin once bubbled...
I have seen a good number of SP regs with piston o-ring failures.

I can almost guarantee that this is the work of a technician who has no clue on how to service a SP. They are easy to screw up if the technican does not know exactly what he is doing. If they do it properly, SP regs are bullet proof.

Funny, I work occasionally in a Dive shop in London and have serviced thousands of regs. Never seen a piston O ring go on a Scubapro yet!!! A couple bought back for free flowing

In the shop the Apeks have a reputation for being the free flow kings, But I still rate them highly

Personally most problems I've seen with any make of reg is just after they are serviced and the O rings and seals bed in initially. I personally believe that you can over service them and personally just clean and inspect mine regularly. I replace stuff when it shows any sign of wear rather than cos a year is up. I've never had a free flow in nearly 3000 dives in the UK many in winter. I also prefer the breathing characteristics of most regs when the High Pressure seats have a little wear ring bedded in

And I have seen the straps break and the metal clips strighten on Jet fins!!! (I've had 2 pairs go this way myself before I replaced the straps with Bungie (Much better than springs)

But anyway, ScubaPro make some of the best gear in diving. Their Regs are highly rated and rightfully so. The rest of their equipment is also top of the line stuff.

And yes, It does come with a price.

By the way, if your guy is able to beat LP on SP prices, go for it.

Ari :)

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Morning back at ya,

I knew what you meant. I just couldn't help it cause it's it's friday I guess. I tell people I diss SP because the rep is a jerk...still LOL

We must deal with the same guy since we live in the same area. He is a jerk and at the shop I work for the feeling is that we were a Scubapro shop long before he started and we will be one long after he is gone.

I use a ScubaPro Classic BCD and really like it. However, it has an SP AirII in it that I hate and will probably replace. (Anyone wanna buy it? :wink:)

Bottom line, you gotta try some stuff and decide what you like and then go with that. The most important thing is feeling comfortable in the water with your gear. So long as you're comfortable and the gear is well mantained, you'll be fine.

My $.02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom