scubapro equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter once bubbled...
buy Sherwood instead. I think K-Mart sells it too.

WW
LOL!

Speaking of that and dissing, one dive store owner i know loves to call Sherwood the "K-mart of the dive industry." I always tease him back with, hey K-mart sells some good stuff you know!:tease:

WreckWriter once bubbled...
buy Sherwood instead. I think K-Mart sells it too.

WW

Mr. WW sir, I'll have you know that the K-Mart/Sherwood brand by far outperformed the SP brand in actual field trials conducted by the previously mentioned sump/cave diver in the harsh and unforgiving conditions of Kentucky sumps. LOL

I would say that Scubapros line up of equipment is of excellent quality, but if you look around, you will see that there are some other companies making great gear,also. Apeks regulators, Halcyon BP& Wings,etc... It boils down to what you feel comfortable with, and the type of diving you plan to do. Oh, but do buy some Scubapro Jetfins, they're old school, but they rock! If you can, check out a couple shops before you blindly accept what your LDS says. Knowledge is power. Hey, what's K marts price on Sherwood stuff when the blue light is on??

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Mr. WW sir, I'll have you know that the K-Mart/Sherwood brand by far outperformed the SP brand in actual field trials conducted by the previously mentioned sump/cave diver in the harsh and unforgiving conditions of Kentucky sumps. LOL

Then by all means, that's what he should use! I don't suppose I'd perform very well in a Kentucky sump either!

Sherwood regs are damn near bulletproof, I'll admit that.

WW

All of our 22 regs are sherwood magnums...exact same set-up for every student. They are also the ones that they use on check-out dives in OH. The only time we've had a free-flow with these regs is in NOV when two students were diving at Gilboa in order to get the advanced certs so they could take the master class in the spring......the kid who had a free-flow had purchased his own Scuba-pro reg and had an attitude problem. He freaked and (from what I understand) bolted to the surface from 60 feet. The other student and (now non-associated with us) Instructor who were using the school's regs were fine, and they calmly surfaced to find out what the probelm was.....this kid was a putz...and is one of theose people that was "paying" for his "certifications".

I bought a scubapro Mk25/S600 and so far I am happy. The local scubapro dealer was very upfront about his feeling on his regs and what others carry. His opinion was that if you are going to spend big money then scubapro is where it is at, though he also seems to have a good opinion of hte Aqua Lung legend. However, he also stated that if don't want to spend big money then there are far better regs than what SP offers at lower price points, such as the Aqua Lung Titan LX he carries for the mid price range. Another point of interest was that he though if you were going to buy a titanium reg then you should go find someone who carries Atomic regs because the Mk25T/S600T isn't as nice as say a T1x despite being similarly priced. He also mentioned that he had thought about carrying the Atomic regs but he doesn't care for the local sales rep.

As far as the SP bc's go I am not all that impressed. I looked at several and so did my fiance and neither of us cared for any. For the price there are nicer BC's for the same money.

gedunk once bubbled...
Morning Mike!

Being in business myself, i've always thought more good came from emphasizing the positives of what i do sell, not the negatives (true or not) of what i don't sell. I have seen LDS owners, time and time again, diss products just because they don't sell them. No logic behind the dissing at all. Never said you did that Mike but don't defend people who do. They are out there.

Morning back at ya,

I knew what you meant. I just couldn't help it cause it's it's friday I guess. I tell people I diss SP because the rep is a jerk...still LOL

Any idiot can build a good reg. The real test is having to deal with the parasite...oops I mean sales rep. We need to start a LDS poll to see who holds the record for tossing the most reps out of their shop.

Manufacturers with usefull reps...There is....and then there is....Oh and...got to get me one of those jobs.

cstreu1026 and others, I'm sure your SP stuff will work just fine even if I don't like the rep.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Morning back at ya,

I knew what you meant. I just couldn't help it cause it's it's friday I guess. I tell people I diss SP because the rep is a jerk...still LOL

Any idiot can build a good reg. The real test is having to deal with the parasite...oops I mean sales rep. We need to start a LDS poll to see who holds the record for tossing the most reps out of their shop.

Manufacturers with usefull reps...There is....and then there is....Oh and...got to get me one of those jobs.

cstreu1026 and others, I'm sure your SP stuff will work just fine even if I don't like the rep.
Funny, i've heard the same thing about the SP rep in these parts. Could it be the same dude?

DID'NT WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A SMALL WAR. I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR SOME PR'S AND CONS TO IT.
JUSTIN

Diver, Rodales, Dive all have done Reg tests recently. The ScubaPro's have all done VERY well on these tests

Over here in rainland its 2C - 5C at present in the querries. last weekend I took 10 divers on an advanced nitrox class with mainly Scubapro, Posiedon, Apeks regs. Only one free flowed

I was not suprised as to which one, It was the Apeks TX50 (old style). Over the years I've been teaching in cold water I would say that Spirotechnique and Apeks were the worst offenders on the bubble front.

But its not really the particular makes that are to blame, individual regs get treated differently have different service histories and delivery air differently. You can set up any reg so it WONT free flow, but can you breathe easily off it afterwards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom