Scubapro dumpvalve leaks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dammit guys at dive shops like that give all dive shops a bad name.

Take it back to them and tell them that it is NOT equalizing (complete and utter bull****) and that it is leaking. It's a very common problem on Scubapro BCDs and one that is easily fixed. There is a tool that all Scubapro dealers should have that has 4 prongs on it that you use to tighten or remove a dump valve. Usually it just needs a little tightening but sometime the o-ring is dirty and just needs a good wipedown and some Cristolube or silicone applied to it. On a few occassionas I have actually seen the dumb valve warped from being kept in a hot car.

If I were you I would inflate the BCD completely and spray down the offending dump valve with soapy water and see exactly where it is leaking at.

It has been my experience with a recently acquired Scubapro Classic that the inflator and associated dump valve were faulty. My dive shop tightened the inflator to stop the first leaks. The nipple-like dump lever on the inflator system has spontaneously dumped my BCD due to rubbing against my hoses and catching on kelp. Then the inflator hose itself spung a leak.

My last Scubapro Double Black BCD was great. This one has me looking for a Halcyon BCD to replace it. I think Scubapro quality has suffered since Johnson acquired it. Fortunately my older Scubapro regs are still great.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom