Scubapro dumpvalve leaks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

juzdive

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a scubapro travtec bc recently and found that the bottom dumpvalve leaks when the bc is fully inflated. There are small bubbles leaking continuously. Even deflating it slightly, i still observe the same situation. I brought it back to the shop and was told this is normal as the valve is equalising. But, i do not see this problem with my brother same bc.
Can anyone advise is this problem normal?

Thanks!

The normal kind of BS you get from some LDS's that feel free to do or say anything they want to take advantage of a new diver.

One of those dump valves on your BC also functions as an overpressure valve if you try to put too much air in your BC. But that will occur as a fairly sizable release, not a slow and small leak. And it will stop when the excess air is exhausted. While you could probably troubleshoot this problem yourself (could be loose fitting or a little dirt in the valve). But since you chose to buy from your LDS rather than using cheaper internet sources, you aught to insist on some of that extra service you have already paid for. Take it back when the owner or primary manager is in and ask him to make it right or explain to you why it is already right. I would expect him to fix or replace the valve immeadiatly unless the shop is so small that he has no stock that he can remove a valve from.

Hi,

The shop called me and said they changed the valve gaskets, orings. etc... but still the same leak happens. I told them that this bc is defective and i should be able to exchange for another piece but was rejected. Can anyone advise where i can find proof of evidence that this kind of leaks is not right?

Thanks awap for your advice!

directly? Assuming the leak isn't a "design feature" (flaw they're not admitting), they should be able to straighten things out with your LDS for you...

Rich

I bought SP Travtek two weeks ago, and did 2 dives with no problem at all. BTW where did you buy yours? Is it an authorized dealer of SP?

Hello to all.

I would like to enquire how many exhaust values are
there in the Trav Bladder?

Regards

I dive a Scubapro S-Tek which uses the same dumpvalves. No leaks on the dumpvalves in 43 dives with this BC.
My guess is there is something not sealing properly and you should get it fixed.

Hello to all,
I would like to know how many dump value there are
in the scubapro trav baldder.

Thanks and regards

It sounds like either the spring is weak or there's something up with the seal. If it's been taken apart and serviced then it makes sense to me that it might be defective.

Were it mine, I would have simply taken it apart at home and applied a small amount of silicon grease to the edge of the seal.

Let us know how this is finally resolved.

:wink:

Hi all,

Thanks for all the advise given.
The dive shop got scubapro Hongkong to send them a new dump valve for replacement. My bc got a new lease of life now and so far tested no leaking. Going diving with it this weekend!

Cheers!
Anthony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom