Scubapro D400 parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Ocean Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, in need of A spring pad for the D400, anyone have parts for sale? Or can I use something else in replace of the original pad?

Kevin

You are aware that in the D300s, D350s and early D400s the spring pad and the spring adjuster had been one piece?
So in your D400 you got the right spring adjuster to house the spring pad of the later D400 models?
I did not know that thank you. I assume I have an earlier one because I have a metal orifice and I see on the drawing they don’t distinguish spring pad adjuster It just says pad spring. Looking at the later drawings I see that there’s actually two pieces.

Is it safe to assume I have the earlier one Since it has a metal orifice?

thanks,

Kevin

Congrats for your early D400 (with metal orifice)!
With the spring pad extra the friction on the spring is less when turning the adjustment screw, what reduces common problems when fine adjusting the cracking effort.
If you don't have much experience with adjusting a D400 and you want to do it yourself in the future, I recommend to get yourself the spring pad and the spring adjuster screw of the latest D400 models if you have the opportunity.

I did notice it is a little jumpy when adjusting with the spring against the plastic adjuster. But boy oh boy can you get the effort low, I had it in the pool not long ago and occasionally it would burp if I move my head to one side or the other. So the newer Spring adjuster and pad will fit in the older aspirators without a problem?

To adjust that spring tension, I usually find the spot where I want it, then go back and forth 1/4 turn or so a few times to try to get any residual twisting out of the spring.

To adjust that spring tension, I usually find the spot where I want it, then go back and forth 1/4 turn or so a few times to try to get any residual twisting out of the spring.
Good idea I’ll try that. Thanks
Question when I adjust the lever per the maintenance manual I noticed when shaking the reg I hear the lever rattling around or what I believe to be the lever. Is this normal?

thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom