Scubapro D400 parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good idea I’ll try that. Thanks
Question when I adjust the lever per the maintenance manual I noticed when shaking the reg I hear the lever rattling around or what I believe to be the lever. Is this normal?

thanks,

The last step in tuning the D series regs that I do is to take out as much play as I can from the lever. It's a tiny hex key. If all goes well you can get all the play out before it starts to leak. Then when you hook the lever into the bracket on the diaphragm sometimes that's enough to get a slight free flow, so you need to put just a bit of play back in, etc...

The last step in tuning the D series regs that I do is to take out as much play as I can from the lever. It's a tiny hex key. If all goes well you can get all the play out before it starts to leak. Then when you hook the lever into the bracket on the diaphragm sometimes that's enough to get a slight free flow, so you need to put just a bit of play back in, etc...
I was wondering about that, OK I am gonna try to take the slop out of the lever and test. What do you set your cracking effort to? For smooth and reliable breathing.

If you're still looking for those parts, send me a PM. I just saw this thread.

Also consider shimming the spring pad with a graphite impregnated shim. See this thread:
ScubaPro D350 Adjustment (and soon to be overhaul)
Lots of useful tuning info.

If you're still looking for those parts, send me a PM. I just saw this thread.

Also consider shimming the spring pad with a graphite impregnated shim. See this thread:
ScubaPro D350 Adjustment (and soon to be overhaul)
Lots of useful tuning info.
Wow a ton of information great write up thank you very much. My first experience with a D 400 in the pool what I thought was burping maybe now after reading your post it was bubbling because of relaxed breathing. I thought it was an adjustment to low on the effort so I raise it up to .9 and I’m gonna try it again. Great post

Thanks Rsingler, Do you have spring adjusters and pads for the newer D400 models?

If the orifice is good you can go as low as .6" but I'd go .7-.8".
It must be a great orifice because I can get it down there and even have adjusted it a little lower than that... I think I’ll leave it at .9

thanks,

Since you are DIYing your D400 reg(s), I have several digital copies of documents which may be helpful to you. If you text me your E-mail address, I will send to you. eight oh five eight nine oh two two one seven
TJ Moran

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom