ScubaPro Crystal Vu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

susan6868

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just started packing for my trip and noticed my Sherwood mask (that I loved) had disintegrated inside the hard plastic case.
Ran down to my local LDS and bought a ScubaPro Crustalvu without purge and wondered if anyone out there has any experience with this mask before I use it and am unable to return it. Seems lke a great view, crystal clear, but definately not low profile and quite heavy.
Anyone been using it and what's your experience?
Loved the Mares Demon but made me look like Dame Edna.....................
Thanks for any advice
Susan

I have one. It is bulky and it does have a large profile but I find it to be very comfortable and the view is very clear.

I have one, used it for around 50 dives, never had a problem. I do not use it anymore because I prefer a low profile mask instead.

you shouldn't care how it looks, or what it costs, its all about the fit! If I could find a mask that fit better than my Scubapro frameless and it was pink and purple for $125 (same price as the frameless) I would buy it.

I also have one. It is a bit bulky, but it fits into my BC pocket, it's comfortable and fits well so I'm OK with it.

Thing I don't like: the fact that I didn't get it in clear color, that the nose-thingummy is too small for me so I have a bear of a time clearing my mask (this is no longer a problem though since I found the SUPER SECRET FORUMLA to prevent fogging*), and I just feel it's a bit too big.

I'm probably going to replace it with a Mares Pro-vision type mask, which has less volume, a gigantic nose-thingummy and offers an excellent view.

* 25% J&J baby shampoo, and 75% water. I've never had a fogging problem since I started using this.

The SUPER SECRET FORMULA is SPIT. :)

To each their own...give me my super-low volume, black-skirted Atomic Frameless anyday.

Cheers,
Austin

Austin- no fair drinking the baby shampoo the night before!

I would prefer a lower volume, lower profile mask without the side windows and with a black skirt. On the other hand it is one of only two masks I have found that fit very well, (and I have tried most of them) so it's what I use. Other than the personal preferences I just mentioned, I have no complaints.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom