Scubapro computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adam Z.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,

I am just wonder which hand computer is better. Galileo G2 or Luna? And any describe why is better one or another. I was looking some comparison on google but without any result. So i will by very glad for your opinion.

Thank you

Ha, Galileo and Luna are long gone, discontinued. Scubapro now just has other computers running their proprietary Buhlmann ZH-L8 or 16 ADT MB,

Ha, Galileo and Luna are long gone, discontinued. Scubapro now just has other computers running their proprietary Buhlmann ZH-L8 or 16 ADT MB,

The GALILEO name lives on. GALILEO HUD, G2 Wrist Mount and G2 Console are all in Scubapro's GALILEO family. They primarily run Scubapro's Bühlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG...but the HUD can run ZH-L16 with Gradient Factors. It would be nice if they would release a software update to the G2 that would allow the user to run ZH-L16 with Gradient Factors like on the HUD.

I wouldn't go for the Luna, it is a legacy computer that needs a inferred dongle to be able to connect it to a PC. I would consider the G2 or the newest, and less expensive, the A2. Both the G2 and the A2 can work as AI with SP's transmitter.

Considering the "algorithm" issue, it is of TOTAL irrelevance to the recreational diver at all levels. The algorithm that SP uses is very configurable and you can customize it including disabling some of the optional adjustments it has. I have used it with other computers from other vendors and it correlated to "middle of the road" results in terms of its conservatism. The RGBM based recreational computers from Suunto, Mares, Cressi, etc. are more conservative computers that penalize you for several profiles by locking you out for the following dive when the SP doesn't. SP's computers are solid and have excellent reputation and are used worldwide. I also have friends who are technical divers and some are technical diving instructors who have been using the SP dive computers since the G dive computer in their technical diving and have no issues with it at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom