Scubapro Black Chrome Mk5 & 109.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend bought a 20yr old red Mustang convertible a couple years ago. Garage kept with only 36000 km, it was in beautiful condition.
When asked if he was going to treat it the same, he told the owner that it was just a V6 model and it was going to be his winter car.
One person's classic is someone else's daily driver. I don't know if there's a scuba museum but I'm guessing your reg is seen and appreciated plenty without being taken out of service.
The vast majority of vintage regs are either forgotten in storage or stock piled by hoarders, neither being used.
I have a couple vintage 1st stages I use vacation diving and a 108 that needs work.
Don't be put off by the opinion of the very few. The same people take issue with any conflicting views presented. Just their nature...

Cheers!

I've tried it on a couple of other dive gears before, but it doesn't have a sustainable grip/attachment. It'll start to peel of after a number of dives. Not durable enough for long term.

I think it'll peeled off even faster on a chrome metal & especially after exposing to seawater so you might wanna save your money on that.
So back to your vinyl coating. Never heard of it. Any link?

Looking at those classic cars, reminded me of my 1971 Mustang which I used to own in the early 90s, when I was in the states.

Awesome ride.

A friend bought a 20yr old red Mustang convertible a couple years ago. Garage kept with only 36000 km, it was in beautiful condition.
When asked if he was going to treat it the same, he told the owner that it was just a V6 model and it was going to be his winter car.
One person's classic is someone else's daily driver. I don't know if there's a scuba museum but I'm guessing your reg is seen and appreciated plenty without being taken out of service.
The vast majority of vintage regs are either forgotten in storage or stock piled by hoarders, neither being used.
I have a couple vintage 1st stages I use vacation diving and a 108 that needs work.
Don't be put off by the opinion of the very few. The same people take issue with any conflicting views presented. Just their nature...

Cheers!
Thanks for the kind words, @Coztick

I do have a few nos/unused units which I don't intend to use since I'm already using another one. I don't just collect them, I use them for my diving & I like testing them on actual dives rather than just on land.
Here's a short clip of me diving with vintage gears.

No harm done, I do understand different people have different views. All good.

So back to your vinyl coating. Never heard of it. Any link?

I use car protective vinyl/film, it's not a coating.

I'm sure some already got the idea & will probably try them out but as I mentioned before, not easy & very time consuming. Can be frustrating too if you're ocd like me, can't have wrinkles.

I use car protective vinyl/film, it's not a coating.

I'm sure some already got the idea & will probably try them out but as I mentioned before, not easy & very time consuming. Can be frustrating too if you're ocd like me, can't have wrinkles.
do you mean car-wrapping film, applied with an electric heater?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share a Scubapro black chrome version of the Mk5 & 109, which I think was made for the Italian Navy or Army in the early 90s.

However, I made some customization to the set. The original is full black.

View attachment 642645
Customized the 109 with a touch of red.
View attachment 642646
DIY a color matching, red seat saver.

Please feel free to comment.

Ed.
Interesting approach, nice work........
I think that the MK IV and MK V Military Black have been sold also to the public for a short time, for '85 in Europe it seems to be quite clear according to their Italian/French/ English/ German Catalog.
Couldn't find it in their SP US Catalogs.....

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_0001.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom