ScubaPro Annual Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the model of a local dive store is dead and that most manufacturers don't want to admit it. As in most other products you get better price and selection purchasing mail order.
So you're gonna get your air, nitrox or trimix where?

The LDS model is not dead, rather the old idea of where the LDS will make its money is dead. That money will still be in small items, mask fins and do-dads sold to either new students or people who drop into the shop for other reasons (tanks fills, reg service, etc), along with service on equipment - no matter where it was purchased. In that regard affordable parts are an important selling point for a prospective dealer, and inexpensive annual service kits or a true FPFL program that will bring people in for service as often as they can afford it, whether that is annually or bi-annually, is an important addition to the shop's profit stream.

I had a Conshelf 21 I recently sold here. I bought the regulator for $99 back in 1991, over the objections of my scuba instructor. Less than a year after buying it a friend of mine gave me his Sherwoods. When I asked the instructor which was better he said the Sherwoods, so I used them. The Conshelf 21 was in mint condition when I sold it. I don't even think they had 25 dives on them.

---------- Post Merged at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:56 AM ----------

I think the model of a local dive store is dead and that most manufacturers don't want to admit it. As in most other products you get better price and selection purchasing mail order.

I hope you meant the sales of the new equipment.

Not every diver can service their equipment, do their vis and have a fill station

I had a Conshelf 21 I recently sold here. I bought the regulator for $99 back in 1991, over the objections of my scuba instructor. Less than a year after buying it a friend of mine gave me his Sherwoods. When I asked the instructor which was better he said the Sherwoods, so I used them. The Conshelf 21 was in mint condition when I sold it. I don't even think they had 25 dives on them.

Such heresy! May the ghost of Jacques Cousteau haunt you forever! Conshelfs rule!:D

I''m suprised he didn't jump in talking about how they are a platinum scubapro dealer and that they can look this information up and service the regs for them.

Then again, I guess they are more into selling scubapro not servicing it. ( which ties back to my dry scuba gear comment )
We pride ourself on our excellent service. We have clients from all over the world ( London, Mexico, etc. ) who bring their gear to us just to take advantage of our Scubapro Platinum Service.

Last week while I was in the Sea of Cortez, I assisted in helping my divemasters service their Scubapro gear.

Service is an integral part of our sales. We service and stand behind what we sell!

We pride ourself on our excellent service. We have clients from all over the world ( London, Mexico, etc. ) who bring their gear to us just to take advantage of our Scubapro Platinum Service.

Last week while I was in the Sea of Cortez, I assisted in helping my divemasters service their Scubapro gear.

Service is an integral part of our sales. We service and stand behind what we sell!

:rolleyes:

I hope you meant the sales of the new equipment.

Not every diver can service their equipment, do their vis and have a fill station

I would love to have my own fill station, but at last, I can't afford one, nor the upkeep to one. Being able to have access to the equipment in my house to fill Nitrox, or Trimix would be awesome.

Somebody should buy the Etherfill 5000, and let everybody know if it works. :rofl3:

http://www.divegearexpress.com/gas/etherfill.shtml#3044

John_B, I'm just responding to chrpai's accusation that we are more into selling scubapro not servicing it.

I serviced a friend's G250 in the trunk of a rental car out side Zero G in MX, but generally speaking it's not the best place to service a reg and had it not been in the middle of a cave trip, I'd have deferred...

Generally if I am not airline weight limited, I bring an extra first and second stage and just swap out a less than optimum performing stage during an extended trip. To facilitate that all the firsts are set at the same IP, and all the seconds are tuned to that IP.

----

That said, I hear what you are saying. Good service matters and is a great way to generate customer loyalty.

I have several customers who'd like me to personally service their regs based on their past experience with me versus other SP techs, but since I moved to NC I am not associated with an SP dealer. The local SP dealer was approached but never responded, so they apparently don't want a tech that brings his own business from non-local customers. :confused:

Do tell, what exactly was your role in "assisting in helping" "your" divemasters' gear? What did you do, exactly?

I serviced a friend's G250 in the trunk of a rental car out side Zero G in MX, but generally speaking it's not the best place to service a reg and had it not been in the middle of a cave trip, I'd have deferred...

Generally if I am not airline weight limited, I bring an extra first and second stage and just swap out a less than optimum performing stage during an extended trip. To facilitate that all the firsts are set at the same IP, and all the seconds are tuned to that IP...

+1
I always bring 1 first & 2 seconds, plus a kit or 2, as spares for the 4 of us, always find ways to sneak them through any weighting processes. But because of all the techniques, advises and assorted tricks I learnt from here, I never actually have to use any of the spares. No matter, it's way cool to have the ability to swap at will between the G250 & the 156 according to the desired cool factor!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom