Scubapro A700, S600, or G260

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Though the question was not directed at me, yes. I dive the Great Lakes, and year round temps below the Thermocline are mid 40's and lower. I will add, however, as a caveat, that I would not dive here with SP Piston firsts.... MK-17's are my preference in the SP line..

I have A700 and a S600 (ok it used to be a S555, but now has the S600 metal air barrel & full external adjustment upgrade kit). They are very close in performance, but I prefer the A700 (barely).

They both breathe just fine, the biggest difference is who tuned them probably. A friend has two G260 and loves them.

Can't go wrong with any of them.

I dive s600 all year long with zero issues.

Interesting discussion - I have used a MK25/A700 combination on one of my sidemount tanks for some time now, often in very cold water, down to 2 or 3 celsius - sorry - don't know F equivalents, zero free flows or problems. Breathes nice and easily and very comfortable in the mouth.

I have now just purchased two sets of secondhand MK25/G250V's which I have cleaned and tested and they seem to breathe perhaps a little easier than the A700. But I haven't dived them in anger yet as they have been out of the water for about three years so I want to get them properly serviced with new o-rings etc. before I really trust them in cold water. - P

3 degrees C is around 37F,but you can't say this. Did you not know that the MK25 is not suitable (according to members here) for cold water diving :sarcasm:

3 degrees C is around 37F,but you can't say this. Did you not know that the MK25 is not suitable (according to members here) for cold water diving :sarcasm:

Interesting - according to SP it is, and I have been diving one in UK water for four years, often with snow and ice on the ground and it stands up well with no icing problems. I now have four of them so please don't tell me I have to get them all changed :( that's more than the budget could stand.

But hey, lets not open that can of worms. - P

Yeah, never had a problem with my MK25 in cold water either.

But, I've narrowed my selection down to either the G260 Tactical or the S600 Titanium or Deep Blue. If I get the G260, I'm considering getting the MK25 EVO first stage for extra cold water performance. If I get one of the S600s, I will most definitely have to get the matching first stage.

Decision time is 12 hours away, I may end up flipping a coin over it. :)

Heads=MK25 evo and G260
Tails=MK25 evo and S600

heads........

Back
Top Bottom