Scubapro 94.6 steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for your response . I want to apologize as I am being distracted by two in the room as I try to write this . The one to my left ( Mr W Magg ) looking over my shoulder is like your drunken uncle . He is loud and obnoxious and I had been fore warned that if I hung around with him I would eventually get into trouble . But I would not want to be on his receiving end . He is trying to tell me how to respond . The other one in the corner ( Mr C H TAC ) is ever more menacing for he doesn't talk just sort of stands there and looks at me . I find this to be even more unsettling more menacing than Mr Maggs antics . Unfortunately for Mr Tac and I can attest to this if provoked you will feel him LONG LONG before you hear him . So I do not want to share what they are saying right now .

The only thing that the crowd has SHARED with me is that I was Lied to at the initial sale of these tanks and that I have been perpetuating that lie for a long long time . Thank you to everyone who brought that to my attention as you can tell from my initial response it was a hard pill for me to swallow . . If my math is correct at 3000psi these are 86 cubic feet tanks . Once again thank you for telling me I ( and I have a friend who owns 8 of these tanks who though the same as I did ) that I was wrong . If I have intentionally mis represented these tanks I apologize . In as much as I have shown that over the years there were MANY MANY people who could have corrected me that for what ever reason they did not at the end of the day I take full responsibility for not knowing .

My only intent here was to sell my tanks to somebody so that they may enjoy them as much as I have . At 300 dollars with 100 into them I am not going to get rich .

So to everybody who SHARED this discovery I personally thank you . Thank you for bringing this injustice to my attention . I shall now make it my mission to tell all my friends who were also mislead as I was of this crime .

Richard C. Welk iv
Actually people SHARED their vast knowledge on the subject and provided facts to help you understand the actual capacity of your tanks at 3000 psi. They were just trying to help you and I saw no ill will expressed.

I’m not sure why you were so reluctant to accept their input as it has no impact on the usefulness of the tanks that you used successfully for many years. I’m sure someone else will get many more years of good diving with them as well. They just don’t have quite the capacity @3000 psi that you had indicated.

Actually people SHARED their vast knowledge on the subject and provided facts to help you understand the actual capacity of your tanks at 3000 psi. They were just trying to help you and I saw no ill will expressed.

I’m not sure why you were so reluctant to accept their input as it has no impact on the usefulness of the tanks that you used successfully for many years. I’m sure someone else will get many more years of good diving with them as well. They just don’t have quite the capacity @3000 psi that you had indicated.
To err is human , to forgive divine .

This is a subject of which I am very familiar with . Prior to I believe 1985 it was widely accepted that most ulcers were caused by stress . This was the accepted explanation of mainstream academia . Please fact check me on this . Then along comes a doctor from Australia Barry Marshal who proclaims that most ulcers are actually caused from the Helicobactel pylori bacteria . Once again please PLEASE fact check me on this . How do you think mainstream academia responded ? I can distinctly remember my mom telling me to ," stop worrying or you will get ulcers ". This was the accepted explanation of the time . So what did Dr Marshal do , he drank Helicobactel Pylori gave himself ulcers than cured himself with anti biotics . His efforts won him the Nobel prize in medicine . Once again please see if I am lying . Dr Marshal was " RELUCTANT " to accept the opinion that was popular amongst his peers .

I 100% understand the response of the OP. If I had spent that long with a pair of tank buddies that I found out were a bit different than I thought they were I'd be very much taken aback too. And tank manufacturers market some tanks like they're politicians, mainly the lp tanks. I had no idea how complicated tanks were until I really dove into trying to pick the perfect tank for me. (lp85's, which actually hold 81.1cuft, but only at +10% of course...)

Sounds like a great set of tanks for a great price for some lucky diver.

I 100% understand the response of the OP. If I had spent that long with a pair of tank buddies that I found out were a bit different than I thought they were I'd be very much taken aback too. And tank manufacturers market some tanks like they're politicians, mainly the lp tanks. I had no idea how complicated tanks were until I really dove into trying to pick the perfect tank for me. (lp85's, which actually hold 81.1cuft, but only at +10% of course...)

Sounds like a great set of tanks for a great price for some lucky diver.
Thank you for understanding as this is where the crutch of the problem lies . The person who sold me these tanks was my mentor . When I purchased these tanks in 1981 82 respectfully he had already been in business some 15 or 20 years . This was not his first rodeo . In the day Lloyd Bridges used to go around and do promotional dives with local dive clubs . This man was in the water with Lloyd Bridges and that carried a lot of weight with me . I looked up to him . This wasn't some kid selling tanks . I was a shop rat . I would just hang around hoping to learn from him . When he spoke I listened . As dumb as this sounds when I first heard of this I was hurt as I just didn't know . Once again can you imagine what it would be like to learn on a public forum that the couple you considered to be your parents the people you introduced as your mom and dad were not ?? Thank you for understanding .

Richard C. Welk iv

Richard, after all this you need a take a road trip vacation to Vegas. Just be sure to bring those tanks along so I can take them off your hands when you get here. 85, 95, whatever they rate, I’ll put them to use.
You know I'm probably just going to give these tanks away to some kid that is if the kids nowadays have the strength to pick them up . Have a great day .

wow...5 pages and all the guy was trying to do was sell his tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom