Scubapro 109 high pitch sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can all but guarantee that if it went into a shop you'd get the "this is junk, upgrade to the latest and greatest", or "we can't service that" That depends what dive shop you go to. That sounds like a PADI dive shop.

despite the internals being the same as a G250 since it's been upgraded...

@cburgert why do you say it sounds like a PADI dive shop? It sounds like just about all of them.... There are very few shops that will look at that regulator and not try to talk you into buying a new one
I say that, because that's what the PADI shop around here tried to pull with me. The NAUI shop I now go to fixed the problem I had and didn't try to talk me into buying anything or upgrading to the latest.

I've got that problem with one of my Scubapro mk25 first stages. The shop couldn't figure it out, claimed it was benign. I'm curious to hear what causes it if you ever figure it out. Mine is less than 5 years old and has been serviced annually. The problem persisted through one service.

Also, I recently switched to an FFM instead of the standard second stage. The problem is definitely in my first stage although it feels like the second stage when using a standard s600.

My wife's had the squeal after an overhaul. Lubed all piston parts thoroughly > nope. Changed piston > nope. Change HP O-ring > nope. Changed bushings > success (yes, careful to put them in the proper orientation).
Have a MK15 that would squeal @3000psi. Not above, not below. Changed HP O-ring to poly and lubed well. Seems OK now.

Sometimes pistons are a royal pain. My MK14 never gives me that kind of grief. It just works.

My wife's had the squeal after an overhaul. Lubed all piston parts thoroughly > nope. Changed piston > nope. Change HP O-ring > nope. Changed bushings > success (yes, careful to put them in the proper orientation).
Have a MK15 that would squeal @3000psi. Not above, not below. Changed HP O-ring to poly and lubed well. Seems OK now.

Sometimes pistons are a royal pain. My MK14 never gives me that kind of grief. It just works.
I'll write that down. My regs are about due for service this year and I'll ask the guy to change the bushings specifically. I assume they are not part of a regular service kit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom