ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
A certain quote from one of my favorite movies comes to mind.

"Lighten up Francis"
Yo psycho, you act like a big toe and really show your stripes. :D

Don Janni:
Something I find amazing is the poster who asks a question about a gear purchase, a bc for example, and a known (at least known to me) bp/w advocate sporting 1,000+ dives says I'll PM you. A few days later the OP says I just ordered a bp/w.
Something I find amazing is how some people can turn any thread into a gripe about backplate users. First by complaining about there being too many posts about backplates and wings, and then by complaining when people send pms instead of "beating up" others with their open enthusiasm.

"Known" bp/w advocates indeed. You make it sound like people who like that gear should be in the closet about it.

Fish_Whisperer:
Can we move this to "Whine & Cheeze" already?:shakehead

You are such a whiner :D

MSilvia:
Something I find amazing is how some people can turn any thread into a gripe about backplate users.

That is true.

Don does make the rare valid point, however. Well, probably the last half of a valid point. If you're going to use an internet board as your SOLE measuring stick for gear adivice, you need to shake yourself.

As Don said - lots of knowledge here, and lots of smart people. But c'mon already. Rolling in and asking "ok people, best BC ever... ready set go" its just ignorant. Nearly as ignorant as people who haven't realized that the internet (especially this board) will return BP/W answers 3 to one. You don't come here for balanced opinions on BC's. Objective, yes. But balanced? No way. The place is just stupid with BP/W users.

Use these places as a reference, not as the source. Try several, ebay the crapola and dive what works best for you.

I've found the BP/W works best for me...

:10:

dammmmmit... it just slipped out.

sorry.

---
ken

Mo2vation:
I've found the BP/W works best for me...

:10:

dammmmmit... it just slipped out.

sorry.

---
ken
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: That was good!

@ the OP

i found that thread to be quite funny cuz i bought alot of that stuff! if the newb can take i think you should be able to.

MSilvia:
Did you actually read that thread, or just jump directly to being bothered by it? As per the original post (assuming you mean the 'orange shovel' thread), it was started by a new diver looking to learn from common mistakes so that he could avoid wasting his money on gear he was likely to later decide was useless. It wasn't about experienced divers looking down on anyone, or trying to belittle newbies.

It also wasn't meant to say hikers shouldn't bury their poop, but that buying a shovel that didn't work any better than a free stick was a waste of money. It strikes me as strange that those least familiar with content are often those most bothered by it. As a newbie you'd be insulted by someone suggesting that your purchases were typical of the sorts of things a newbie would buy? That seems odd to me... you must be easily insulted.

Not a lot of sticks, free or otherwise, on the trails that we hiked in the high sierra or AK above the timberline. Shovel works fine thanks.

if you need it, you need it

sort of like, when you gotta go, you gotta go

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom