ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man... Some people are so thin-skinned...

joke Pronunciation (jk)
n.
1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal
a. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
b. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.
v. joked, jok·ing, jokes
v.intr.
1. To tell or play jokes; jest.
2. To speak in fun; be facetious.
v.tr.
To make fun of; tease.
[Latin iocus; see yek- in Indo-European roots.]

That offends me Frank :D

hey im far from a new diver your not offending me but i think it comes across a little wrong, wel i do wear neoprene mask strap so maybe i still have alot to learn

Daveo957:
hey im far from a new diver your not offending me but i think it comes across a little wrong, wel i do wear neoprene mask strap so maybe i still have alot to learn

I have a neoprene cover too!!! AWESOME :)

BTW some folks don't understand what emoticons are for .. :14:

Budwiser non bibo! Iocus est!

:coke:

jhbryaniv:
BTW some folks don't understand what emoticons are for .. :14:

That would be me. I rarely understand them.

he he...I just want a rock garden now.

Kenji needs a SB column.

A certain quote from one of my favorite movies comes to mind.

"Lighten up Francis"

There's a lot to learn here. I've gotten enough value out of SB that I decided to give some back; i.e., my supporting membership.

If you look through this thread, most of the faces are familiar (17) and their combined post count is 56,000. Does that suggest anything?

The weakest argument I see is this one - excuse my/our behavior because this is the way it is on internet chat boards. I guess that could be true but it sure doesn't make it right. Inappropriate behavior is inappropriate behavoir. Doesn't matter where it takes place.

The next weakest is "didn't you know we were kidding around or poking fun at ourselves?

Something I find amazing is the poster who asks a question about a gear purchase, a bc for example, and a known (at least known to me) bp/w advocate sporting 1,000+ dives says I'll PM you. A few days later the OP says I just ordered a bp/w.

It's amazing someone can go into a scuba shop, talk face to face, see and touch equipment and then choose to take the advice of a total stranger who PM's them on a chat board.

I share some of your sentiments but remember there is a wealth of knowledge here. Aside from that, some of us probably take it all too seriously. I think I'm one of those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom