ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2024 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been looking at Philippine airlines, when you pull up a flight there is a link at the bottom to show flight details. The 10:55PM flight on the 9th will arrive at 5:40 AM on the 11th.
Yeah, that's pretty confusing to me! But it'll be worth it when we get there! :)
Manila is 15hr ahead of LA or San Fran
From the USA

To Get to LA or San Fran
You may save money by flying there on the 10th
and getting a hotel room for the night to leave on the 11th

I will be coming from Florida, so I leave on Jan 11th. From LA
WE CROSS THE INTERNATIONAL DATELINE
So we arrive in Manila on the Jan 12th,

We will overnight at the Belmont Hotel in Manila
to help with jet lag and travel.
Then we begin our adventure on the 13th @ 8 AM from there.

We return from Dumaguete to the Manila Airport

around 2 pm on Jan 27th.
So you need to leave plenty of time for any
delays or change of terminals if needed.

I would NOT recommend booking a flight from Manila
to back home any earlier than 6 pm.

You can also contact the
Atlantis Resorts or the Airline you want to use,
they can help you with options.

The 2024 SURGE Crew List has been updated
Welcome to the new Crew Members

We still have open spots and
this deal will not last much longer
Do Not Miss Out !!

Welcome to the Crew!
:yeahbaby::clearmask::):clearmask::yeahbaby:

Curious of those going to Philippines, have you purchased tickets and if so , if going thru LAX, times and dates going and returning

Curious of those going to Philippines, have you purchased tickets and if so , if going thru LAX, times and dates going and returning
Not yet Greg, I have been watching prices thru LAX and waiting for them to go down.
Domestic airfare has dropped but not international flights yet.
I want this flight from Philippines air from LAX but need a partner airline so bag transfer (hoping American Air) from Tampa
11:15 AM
10:10 PM
6:55 PM(01-12)
7:00 PM
15h 40m
12h 50m
LAX to MNL
MNL to LAX

I have also been looking at flying from the east coast and found some options that could work with about the same overall time but with 2 stops using Asiana Airlines
TAMPA - JFK
JFK - SEOUL
SEOUL - MANILA
Same Stops on the return home

We have ours booked and the flight out of LA has already changed. Make sure you have enough layover time that if your flight changes, or is delayed, you can still make your connection. We’re spending the night in LA just to make the trip easier, since we’re coming from the east coast.

Not yet Greg, I have been watching prices thru LAX and waiting for them to go down.
I want this flight from Philippines air from LAX but need a partner airline so bag transfer (hoping American Air) from Tampa
15h 40m
12h 50m
LAX to MNL
MNL to LAX

I have also been looking at flying from the east coast and found some options that could work with about the same overall time but with 2 stops using Asiana Airlines
TAMPA - JFK
JFK - SEOUL
SEOUL - MANILA
On the 12th, I was either looking at 11:15AM and arriving 18:55, or 22:15 and arriving 5:40 on 13th. Really no partner Airlines that work so fly in, get baggage and recheck in Intl terminal as I did last time.

We just booked a PI trip for later in the spring (not going on the surge) but wanted to let you guys know that they changed the covid requirements to get into PI. Specifically, THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ANY LONGER!!! No vaccine required and no test required as of July 2023!! So no last minute worries. Last we had checked you still had to get a PCR test 48 hours before travel, so this is great news. (Info is from the website philippinesvisa.com - linked). Yay!

Can I Travel to the Philippines During Coronavirus?

Foreigners can now travel to the Philippines without any additional restrictions. This includes both vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers.

Did you know with a ScubaBoard Event,
you get the best prices that you can find anywhere
in addition to event perks?

If you love to travel, dive, and have fun with like-minded adventurers,
then you're ready for this diving and fun adventure in
Jan. of 2024 when ScubaBoard.com
heads to the Philippines with our hosts
Atlantis Dive Resorts & Liveaboards!

The event is currently on sale, spots are limited,
and we would love for you to join the Crew!
Grab this incredible deal of over 20% savings before it's gone.
Click for details!

ScubaBoard SURGE 2024 Philippines Package Details

:cool::clearmask::diveflag::clearmask::cool:

15h 40m
12h 50m
LAX to MNL
MNL to LAX

TAMPA - JFK
JFK - SEOUL
SEOUL - MANILA
FYI. We booked our flights from LAX to MNL back in May. It was $1,136 each. I checked today and it’s $1,521. I don’t know if they’ll be going down or continue to go up.
We’re leaving LAX on January 11@ 11:15am which arrives at 18:55 on Jan 12.
Maybe we’ll be on the same flight 😊

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom