ScubaBoard signature lines I like ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings, folks -

I find myself often nodding in agreement, sometimes furrowing my brow in puzzlement, sometimes laughing out loud at the various signature lines of SB posters. I started a little collection, and thought I'd post them so others could add to the list. Add one you like, or add your own (assuming you like it)!

Disclaimer: I'm sure for every one I posted here, there are twenty more just as good. It's not like I've done an exhaustive search! So don't feel slighted if yours isn't here.

Second disclaimer: This thread is to post sig lines you like ... not to trash ones you don't like. Take the hint ...

Third disclaimer: These are in no particular order, just as I come across them and add them to the list.

Fourth disclaimer: If it's an original sig line, that's great. If it's someone else's words, no problem, but it would be nice to credit them.
--------------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
DA Aquamaster

Anybody who says their goal is to become a skilled diver is somebody I want to go diving with!
TSandM

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.
NWGratefulDiver

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
awap

"Buoyed by water, he can fly in any direction-up, down, sideways-by merely flipping his hand. Under water, man becomes an archangel." - Jacques Cousteau
Wookie

All my life I've wanted an excuse to wear a knife, and here I have found a sport where it is actually encouraged~ Dave Barry
LeadTurn SD

Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
Sinbad the Diver

When you turn your tank on does it return the favor?
rox@ucf11

A red rose is red since it is able to absorb all colors of the light spectrum except red-which it reflects. So, in some very real sense, red (the color it most obviously appears to be) is actually the one color it is not. The traits that people most clearly project are, likewise, oftentimes the traits which they lack.
diver doug

Never judge a day by the weather. The best things in life aren't things. He who dies with the most toys still dies. There are 2 ways to be rich - make more or desire less. No rain, no rainbows. Take it easy. - Hawaiian rules to live by
fjpatrum

Last edited:
Found it hard to get past the disclaimers. I like the premise of yours.

I dont remember whos had this as a signature. but funniest what i have seen in these boards

Frankly, I'd suck a fart out of a donkey's ass if that's what it took to make it to the surface alive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Greetings, folks -

Fourth disclaimer: If it's an original sig line, that's great. If it's someone else's words, no problem, but it would be nice to credit them.
--------------------------

A red rose is red since it is able to absorb all colors of the light spectrum except red-which it reflects. So, in some very real sense, red (the color it most obviously appears to be) is actually the one color it is not. The traits that people most clearly project are, likewise, oftentimes the traits which they lack.
diver doug

This is a dumbed-down, more easily-digested version of a series of quotes from Aleister Crowley. For those interested, the exact quotes are:

A red rose absorbs all colours but red; red is therefore the one color it is not.

This law, reason, time, space, all Limitiation blinds us to Truth

All that we know of man, nature, God, is just that which they are not. It is that which they throw off as repugnant.

In context, Crowley was basically saying that humans, in their normal waking state of conciousness, are very much not their true selves and that the true self is literally part of something infinitely powerful; something beyond space, time, logic/reason (e.g. part of God, Allah, Jesus, Tao, Buddah mind; whatever you want to call "IT"). People are, ultimately, something radically different and more impressive than most of us will ever know since the true human essence/spirit/soul is cloaked by the ego. My quote sort of alludes to the same point, albeit in a much shallower way that is more practical for use in everyday life.

Do picture images count in this discussion?

She's Italian, you know:

I dont remember whos had this as a signature. but funniest what i have seen in these boards

I am pretty sure that it is Wookie that now has that.....but could be wrong. Either way, that is definitely one of my favourites as well.

I don't remember who had it but I now use it an all of my email sigs:

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves" - Abraham Lincoln

Back
Top Bottom