ScubaBoard signature lines I like ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pauli's quote was used as the title of a book - Not Even Wrong - by Peter Woit on String Theory. Woit's thesis is that String Theory and subsequent developments, including superstrings and M-theory, are wonderfully impressive mathematical constructs. But in spite of decades of work by thousands of physicists worldwide, the theory has yet to deliver anything of practical value, or provide predictions that could be tested.

Woit suggests that all of this very expensive work, by generations of physicists, may turn out to have been a waste. If so, it will be a scientific catastrophe, the Physicist's equivalent of Chernobyl or the BP oil spill.

Not even wrong: the failure of ... - Google Books

Yes, clearly I am only aware of the book I own but have not yet read. I was unaware that the title of the book came from your quotation. I will with-hold my thoughts on string theory and other physical principles in the interest of brevity, but I will offer my thanks for such a broadly applicable quote. :)

My favorite is wedivebc's who gives credit to another poster...

"The stone-age just called, they want their doubles back." wreckseeker (2007)

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.
NWGratefulDiver

One of my favorites, too.

Being a soldier deployed for a total of 40 months to Iraq, I am partial to mine :D

Back
Top Bottom