ScubaBoard Legal Defense Fund

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you who are not aware, SB is in the process of getting sued by some idiot from the MalDives area....go figure. Here are a couple of threads on the topic, but if you are skeptical (I was), and want to know from the horses mouth so to speak, YES this is a real problem for Pete, and SB. If you choose to donate, there is a link in my sig line.

My take on this is NO WAY that SB will be held liable for the discussion by our members. However any time you get a bunch of Lawyers in a room, someone is going to pay, and potentially BIG just for the privileged of having the Lawyer in your court so to speak.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer them. You can also use this thread to discuss this among RMO members, or feel free to discuss this in the general forums.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...right-post-scubaboard-legal-defense-fund.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/site-support/321427-gundi-holm-sues-scuba-board-101-members.html

Hi All. I have donated and suggest others consider it. For myself, SB continues to be a valued source of information, not to mention friends. I would truly be saddened if it ceased to exist in its present form and consider my donation an investment.

I remember the original posts about the incident very well. It started out on the Liveaboard Forum regarding the divers deaths and report from someone who was on that boat when it happened. It was quite obvious that some of the interested parties from the Maldives company were posing as new SB members, pretending to be customers with a different opinion from the original poster. It got pretty ugly and alot of posts got deleted. From there it appeared on the Accidents Forum with discussions about the filters and testing equipment. It really got alot of people talking and learning about safety with compressors and tanks. It also got alot of people talking about how important it is to check out what is being done with your tanks! I am now much more ware of where the compressor is located, who is operating it, and asking questions. I cannot imagine being without this forum and divers being able to discuss these types of things, learn and stay safe.

robin

I just donated, too.

I don't always agree with some of the fruitcakes who post here, and I don't always agree with the way they express themselves. However, I think Scubaboard supplies a useful (and entertaining) forum on diving. So I donated too.

Art

Maybe all the members of Scubaboard should file a countersuit... I don't post much but I really enjoy SB. I 'll be throwing some $$ in the hat.

How can someone in another country stop us of our 1st Amendment?

Another way to support this site would be to GO RED .
I have been RED for 4 years now and feel that my annual dues are well worth it.

Jim Breslin

Is there any lawyers on the board that has the time to donate or is that not a realistic way to help?

Donation sent.

-Rich

Donation sent. I'm also working with a group of other large forum owners who have been through similar legal situations. NetDoc is part of those discussions now, so hopefully there will be some resolution to this sooner than later, and with little financial impact on everyone involved.

Back
Top Bottom