ScubaBoard is not responding due to a long running script

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am getting this message at my home pc running windows 7 and McAfee 4.6.0. Nothing happens for several mintues. I do not get the message at work they are running the same op system and McAfee but also filters on their severs that block ads on the home page. This started about 2 weeks ago. Thanks for any advice.

This doesn't really provide enough information for me to go on.

This doesn't really provide enough information for me to go on.

This doesn't help me. I'm a diver not a computer wiz. What additional information would you like?

I have no idea what script isn't responding. It could be the facebook connect app for all I know. It could be an ad.

Have you tried using a different web browser like firefox or chrome? Which browser are you using? What browser do you use at work?

If it's happening in one browser and not the other, then it's a browser issue, which I can't fix for you. If it's something wrong with ScubaBoard, then I can fix it.

To me, this doesn't sound like a problem with ScubaBoard. But that's just my initial impressions here.

I get the same message. I run IE on my work computer and it frequently stops and gives me this message along with a text box asking if I want to stop running the script.
So how do we find out what script is causing the slow-down?

I'm running snow leopard on my mac and firefox beta 21.0. I also get the same message, then firefox locks up. I have to force quit forefox, but being a smart mac, it brings all tabs open to where they were. I have adblock, so I don't think that the script is an ad.

I figure that it's part of life and deal with it. I never assumed it was a ScubaBoard problem, I figured it was a Firefox Beta problem. But I usually have SB, my e-mail server and facebook tabs open all the time.

I'm using IE8 also and only have this issue when using SB. I don't do facebook. I deleted all my history, temp files, passwords, cookies, form data. The problem seems to be solved. Thanks.

It's probably something trying to use flash.

I've seen this too, on occasion, and have learned not to leave a Scubaboard tab open, unattended, for any length of time as this can pretty much freeze up my browser.

I've seen this too, on occasion, and have learned not to leave a Scubaboard tab open, unattended, for any length of time as this can pretty much freeze up my browser.

Same here. I just don't leave a SB tab open, unattended. If I forget and do, I close the browser (Firefox) and restart it.

Back
Top Bottom