ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6 minute walk North from 18th Palm Reef - Sebastian Reef dive site next to Sebastian's Restaurant Bonaire. It's an easy dive site with a slowly sloping bottom, followed by a wonderful reef with an abundance of marine life. Parrotfish, squid and lionfish are common species. Sebastian's Reef is also home to barracudas, turtles and seahorses. Sebastian's Reef is easily accessible. The water can be entered via a trailer ramp. There are two benches where you can build up your set and reminisce after your dive. Warnings; there can be pleasure boats in the surroundings of Sebastian's Reef.

View attachment 800269
Sadly … the reefs in this area are heavily damaged by the SCTLD infestation on island. We care for some coral trees/gardens in this area and it’s sad to see the impact. 🤞 that things will improve by the time of the invasion. Regardless - you will still have phenomenal dives, even with a little additional care.

I think diving the house reef is lots of fun
ENJOY
Bigeyed Scad bait balls are always a great sight. This summer they have been smaller - maybe the fish have become smarter, knowing the locals will net them once they combine into larger groups .. 😉. The nice thing about Bonaire bailballs is that other than maybe a barracuda, you don’t have to worry about big toothy pelagics feeding inside them.

I think diving the house reef is lots of fun
ENJOY
thank you for the video

@cardzard Dennis. Some questions please:

Is the only option for boats going to Klein? Seems like it would be a nice mix of boat dive sites if we did some on the big island as well? Will the boat go where the crew consensus indicates as was the plan at Cozumel?

For those with trucks, they will be able to load anytime up to 2 tanks/diver included in the package deal? I’d guess there will be a stream of trucks going down to the salt pier at night and some may want to truck dive in the morning as well if boats are only going to Klein.

What is the agenda on arrival day? Will we be allowed to do a check out dive on Saturday? I thought I read yes somewhere and that tanks are available 24 hrs a day through Friday? Nothing better than right off the plane and into the water. Of course make sure to be well hydrated after the plane flight!

Thanks in advance for another great trip!

George

@cardzard Dennis. Some questions please:

Is the only option for boats going to Klein?
No the boats do not only go to Klien Bonaire
Seems like it would be a nice mix of boat dive sites if we did some on the big island as well? Will the boat go where the crew consensus indicates as was the plan at Cozumel?
Yes, if there is a consensus on the boat they will go there. They will not go to the other side of the island or areas closed off by Stinapa.
For those with trucks, they will be able to load anytime up to 2 tanks/diver included in the package deal?
Tanks are available 24 hr per day, If you are planning something just let the dive shop know or put tanks in your trucks ahead of time,
I’d guess there will be a stream of trucks going down to the salt pier at night and some may want to truck dive in the morning as well if boats are only going to Klein.

What is the agenda on arrival day? Will we be allowed to do a check out dive on Saturday?
Check-in at dive shop then yes you can do 1 checkout dive, The package technically does not start until Sunday. Plus we will have the welcome party Saturday night.
I thought I read yes somewhere and that tanks are available 24 hrs a day through Friday?
Yes tanks are part of the package thru Friday
Nothing better than right off the plane and into the water. Of course make sure to be well hydrated after the plane flight!

Thanks in advance for another great trip!

George

any interest in information for Klein Island twenty-six (26) dive sites?

Flights booked (American SFO->MIA, MIA->BON). Insurance purchased. Deposit paid :callme:

Any recommendations for a crash pad in Miami during the 12-hour nighttime layover? There is an overwhelming number of hotel options close to the airport. Flight arrives 10pm, next flight leaves 10am, so I won't spend much time outside the hotel. But a particularly nice room, good restaurant open late, or a fast shuttle might be selling points.

Flights booked (American SFO->MIA, MIA->BON). Insurance purchased. Deposit paid :callme:

Any recommendations for a crash pad in Miami during the 12-hour nighttime layover? There is an overwhelming number of hotel options close to the airport. Flight arrives 10pm, next flight leaves 10am, so I won't spend much time outside the hotel. But a particularly nice room, good restaurant open late, or a fast shuttle might be selling points.
We always stay at the Miami airport Marriott.

I stayed at the MIami International Airport Hotel for a recent layover between Philadelphia and Cali, Colombia. it was very convenient, close to where I claimed my luggage and very convenient for my check in the next morning. I would use it again. Many convenient places to eat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom