ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The hill rooms require a short boat ride to the dive dock locations. The hill rooms also have ALOT of steps so key room probably best suits you
Sorry, but the hill rooms are on the same side as the dive docks. Yes, there are a lot of steps and walkways to get to the bottom but then it's just a very short distance to the dive boats. The key rooms require the short boat ride.

Next question - will there be a weekly Nitrox package made available, or will it be a per-tank add’l charge?
Nitrox rates, gear lockers, Boats and other rental information can be found here.

Sorry, but the hill rooms are on the same side as the dive docks. Yes, there are a lot of steps and walkways to get to the bottom but then it's just a very short distance to the dive boats. The key rooms require the short boat ride.
Anyone know if there are gear lockers we can use near the boat docks or are we carrying gear to and from the lodging?

Anyone know if there are gear lockers we can use near the boat docks or are we carrying gear to and from the lodging?
Well, I see you found your answer, but as to another part of the question you asked earlier...
Question for people who have been there before, considering where these bungalow locations are relative to where we would go for boat dives or shore dives and the dive shop, can you speak to this? It looks like the key locations require a water taxi to go back and forth to the main island?
Shore dives are done from the key. And from the farthest end of the key away from the water taxi you can get. I didn't do a shore dive when we were there last year so I don't know if they will take your gear over there for you or if you have to lug it all yourself.

Oh, and BTW, the dive shop is dockside where the dive boats are.

Well, I see you found your answer, but as to another part of the question you asked earlier...

Shore dives are done from the key. And from the farthest end of the key away from the water taxi you can get. I didn't do a shore dive when we were there last year so I don't know if they will take your gear over there for you or if you have to lug it all yourself.

Oh, and BTW, the dive shop is dockside where the dive boats are.
Good info. Any guestimate on how far of a walk it is from where we would pick up gear and tanks and the shore dive spot? Thanks.

Good info. Any guestimate on how far of a walk it is from where we would pick up gear and tanks and the shore dive spot? Thanks.
At the bottom of this page is a map of the resort. The shore dive Hut is marked C. The back of the map has a KEY that describes the other buildings in the resort.

Tanks and Weights are at the Dive Hut, you just need to bring your dive gear.
It is approximently a 2 minute walk from where the water taxi brings you from the mainland to the island.

Looks like all 3 room types have A/C. Probably a consideration in Honduras in June. The first 2 look similar in size and features but are either on the hillside or the "key" (waterfront). The 3rd one is on the key and bigger.

Question for people who have been there before, considering where these bungalow locations are relative to where we would go for boat dives or shore dives and the dive shop, can you speak to this? It looks like the key locations require a water taxi to go back and forth to the main island?

I'm not seriously handicapped but I am a disabled veteran with some knee and ankle issues so trying to get a feel for ease of access to and from wherever I go.
I was at AKR with SCUBABoard a few years back. The "WaterTaxi" was a concern of mine at the time, just because I am high strung and having to wait on things is not what I like to do. I am going to call the "Water Taxi" a "Water Shuttle" because it is free and continuously runs. There was little waiting and it worked out quite well. I do not know how your issues are and what you need to avoid, but you will have to get in and out of a small boat which may or may not be an issue for you. The person driving the boat was always more than accommodating helping people in and out of the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom