ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The gear resides just a few feet from the boats. The staff delivers your luggage upon arrival and snags it for departure. This is the easiest diving this side of anywhere.

This is my favorite diving resort.
So would you choose the hillside or the"key" if you had the choice?vIn your opinion would it just be a matter of the surroundings or scenery? Thanks.

So would you choose the hillside or the"key" if you had the choice?vIn your opinion would it just be a matter of the surroundings or scenery? Thanks.
If you have knee problems, I would recommend the key. There are a lot of steps to the hill rooms. Of course, the current dining room is at the top of the steps as well. But if they don't have the new dockside dining room open in time for the Invasion, you'll have to climb the stairs to the current dining room anyway. I have some minor knee problems as well and much prefer staying on the key. (That's also where the pool is.) Getting in an out of the boat is, to me, much better than climbing all those steps. And level ground walking is much better than climbing steps.

But, of course, if I am able to get thru on the 30th and the only rooms still available are on the hill, I won't turn it down.

If you have knee problems, I would recommend the key. There are a lot of steps to the hill rooms. Of course, the current dining room is at the top of the steps as well. But if they don't have the new dockside dining room open in time for the Invasion, you'll have to climb the stairs to the current dining room anyway. I have some minor knee problems as well and much prefer staying on the key. (That's also where the pool is.) Getting in an out of the boat is, to me, much better than climbing all those steps. And level ground walking is much better than climbing steps.
Thanks Gregg, that was helpful. As far as social gathering areas, are there locations where groups of us may more logically hang out, and if so, are they on the hill or the key?

The pool would be the most likely place for people to just hang out, which as I said is on the key. There is a bar at the restaurant, but I wouldn't climb those stairs just to hang out. And I'm not sure it's even open except at dinner time.

Im going to go Lisa is still on the fence but I am working on that.

The pool would be the most likely place for people to just hang out, which as I said is on the key. There is a bar at the restaurant, but I wouldn't climb those stairs just to hang out. And I'm not sure it's even open except at dinner time.

Currently is the restaurant on the hill the only place to eat breakfast, lunch & dinner?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom