ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@cardzard @ROXANNE can you help us understand what is the added value for the invasion cost $1420 and $200 higher than just booking at the AKR resort directly for the Hill superior room? Both appear to include the same number of dives and other activities.

Also, AKR normally has a $200 single supplement, but that’s gone as well?

Copied below from the AKR website
View attachment 735971
George that price is WITHOUT the 19% hotel tax the govt charges.
The single supplement is not an option for this event since we need all the space we can get.
SB prices is always the lowest price anywhere.

Thanks Dennis. That makes sense. $1219 +19% tax = $1451. So booking with the invasion is $31 savings. Am I missing anything else?

Of course, this is just the money - it’s not counting all the fun times and great people that one would miss if not part of the invasion.

It'll be interesting to see what air fare does. On one hand, booking far out typically saves money. On the other hand, with the FED raising rates, inflation and fuel prices will probably drop in the next 6 months.

How many rooms did the board get and whats the odds of a couple getting one? Just wondering if it's like trying to get seats for good concert. Never tried to participate but we've talked about it. I understand it's first come first serve, but do they normally sell out in first few minutes.

Apologies if already covered but what's the difference between the 3 tiers in the dive package? Better rooms?

How many rooms did the board get and whats the odds of a couple getting one? Just wondering if it's like trying to get seats for good concert. Never tried to participate but we've talked about it. I understand it's first come first serve, but do they normally sell out in first few minutes.

We currently have 34 Island rooms and 4 hill rooms for a total of 38
I believe the resort has 54 rooms total now that the 4 rooms on the dock are gone for the new construction.
Any cancellation at the resort are going to ScubaBoard as per the agreement with Anthony's key. I hope to pickup 4 or 5 more but only time will tell.

Since Bay Adventures need to get some information it will not sellout in a few minutes. However I do think we will have a waiting list after day 1.

Apologies if already covered but what's the difference between the 3 tiers in the dive package? Better rooms?
Room are different prices due to location and size, ALL diving/snorkle packages include the same amount of diving regardless of where your room is.
Here is a link to better explain each type of room.

We currently have 34 Island rooms and 4 hill rooms for a total of 38
I believe the resort has 54 rooms total now that the 4 rooms on the dock are gone for the new construction.
Any cancellation at the resort are going to ScubaBoard as per the agreement with Anthony's key. I hope to pickup 4 or 5 more but only time will tell.

Since Bay Adventures need to get some information it will not sellout in a few minutes. However I do think we will have a waiting list after day 1.
Ok, thank you for all the time you put into this stuff...

Room are different prices due to location and size, ALL diving/snorkle packages include the same amount of diving regardless of where your room is.
Here is a link to better explain each type of room.
Looks like all 3 room types have A/C. Probably a consideration in Honduras in June. The first 2 look similar in size and features but are either on the hillside or the "key" (waterfront). The 3rd one is on the key and bigger.

Question for people who have been there before, considering where these bungalow locations are relative to where we would go for boat dives or shore dives and the dive shop, can you speak to this? It looks like the key locations require a water taxi to go back and forth to the main island?

I'm not seriously handicapped but I am a disabled veteran with some knee and ankle issues so trying to get a feel for ease of access to and from wherever I go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom