ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a question for anyone that's been to AKR before about a dietary subject. My doctor has me on a relatively healthy lower carb diet because that helps a lot with some arthritis I have in my knee. I can eat something like a hamburger, but I usually ask for it without the bun and instead of French fries etc I get salad or mixed vegetables. Breakfast is easier because I can usually get something like an omelet with vegetables for example. Do you think the kitchen staff can accommodate that kind of thing?

I have a question for anyone that's been to AKR before about a dietary subject. My doctor has me on a relatively healthy lower carb diet because that helps a lot with some arthritis I have in my knee. I can eat something like a hamburger, but I usually ask for it without the bun and instead of French fries etc I get salad or mixed vegetables. Breakfast is easier because I can usually get something like an omelet with vegetables for example. Do you think the kitchen staff can accommodate that kind of thing?
Yes, they will be willing to assist with your needs. It's best to let Bay Adventures know and also let the AKR front desk know when you check in for any dietary restrictions or needs.

I'm getting so excited to see all my peeps and go diving!
Let's take a trip down memory lane to last year's
SB Invasion2022 before we make some new memories!

:grouphug2:

Boy, you all got quiet... Maybe we should talk about coffee again. Tee Hee!
Petes news was a bit of a downer so I blame that on the drop of conversation. Pete Hope to hear you are on the mend quickly.

Let's talk sand fleas LOL. I assume they still eat 100 times their body weight down there. Anyone have a favorite skin repellent cream?

Let's talk sand fleas LOL. I assume they still eat 100 times their body weight down there. Anyone have a favorite skin repellent cream?
Additional info from the travel and packing thread.
Bug spray (Insect repellent is recommended and sold at the resort.) Near sunset and sunrise are the worst time for mosquitoes and no-see-ums. Here are a few products. Here's a comparison of the Best Insect Repellants for Noseeums. Also, keep in mind, Noseeums are attracted to darker clothing.
Always remember not to leave your room door open or you may invite them into your room.
FYI Gardeners Tip, Did you know that if you put soap on a bite right away, leave it on, and don't rub or scratch it, many times it will alleviate the itch and swelling?

Can we get an update on the water temp in Roatan?
Current water Temps In Roatan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom