ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bad news everyone we booked tickets last night and will see everyone in Roatan. Cant wait to get out diving again.

What's the avg max depth for roatan? Is it mostly shallow or do I need to get nitrox to max bottom time?

Hi Everyone - I live and work on Roatan as a Photographer Pro at Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort (Roatan, Honduras)for the last 6 1/2 years. I dive multiple times a week with our dive guests worldwide and take photos of them both above (on the boats) and below the water during their dives.

I would be more than happy to answer questions regarding the Island or the diving here on Roatan. We dive both the north and south sides of the Island and every week we take our guests down to the West End for diving at that end of the Island. We have lunch and dive at our sister resort (Mayan Princess).

I look forward to your questions.
Bob

What's the avg max depth for roatan? Is it mostly shallow or do I need to get nitrox to max bottom time?
Most dives when I was there 2 years ago were between 60-80 feet. The Odyssey shipwreck is about 115 feet to the sand and the El Aquila is around 110 feet to the sand. We did not use nitrox then and we never went into deco even though I was pushing it a time or two. We'll be using nitrox this trip.

I find I end up with less of an afternoon nap after diving nirtox even at moderate depths. It always seems that I end up not getting my nitrox on a few of the dives each trip and I feel a difference in my desire for a nap. Taking a nap on a Scubaboard trip is a dangerous thing if you miss out on your chance to grab your spot at the pool/bar Dennis will let someone else take it.

Hey Dennis, dumb question Lisa is a little apprehensive about the snorkel boat is it possible to jump on the snorkel boat and do a dive or two with her or is that boat full. I assume since the dive boat goes out three times a day I may be able to sit out specific dives as I desire.

Hey Dennis, dumb question Lisa is a little apprehensive about the snorkel boat is it possible to jump on the snorkel boat and do a dive or two with her or is that boat full. I assume since the dive boat goes out three times a day I may be able to sit out specific dives as I desire.
You cannot dive from the snorkel boat but i guess you could skip a dive to go snorkel.
Snorkel schedule can be found here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom