ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd have to check my log, and do some math, which before my first :coffee: is unlikely, but I know that I'm finally nearing my 1000th.
I very well might make it on this trip.

I was doing the math and if I get in 3 shore dives plus all the boat dives, it will be dive #100 for me.

I'd have to check my log, and do some math, which before my first :coffee: is unlikely, but I know that I'm finally nearing my 1000th.
I very well might make it on this trip.

Hmm, If your 100th dive is supposed to be naked, would your 1,000th dive be naked shooting roman candles out of your butt? I can't really think of any other way to up the ante. Anyone?

Oh, and congratulations on the fireworks.

Hmm, If your 100th dive is supposed to be naked, would your 1,000th dive be naked shooting roman candles out of your butt? I can't really think of any other way to up the ante. Anyone?

Oh, and congratulations on the fireworks.
It is, thins is why I stopped logging so long ago.

It is, thins is why I stopped logging so long ago.
Well my experience with the other direction. I didn't log a single dive on paper until the 90s.
I believe that my log book actually started somewhere around dive 75 or a 100, because I didn't do paper log books from the time I certified in 1970 until I was doing a PADI course as an update in the nineties. And we just came up with an estimate of my original because I wasn't a real active diver. Until I discovered warm water.
Once I began logging dives I decided that it was a good way to be able to track information about equipment changes and conditions..

The conversations this morning motivated me to dig out a few log books.
Yes, given a bit of good luck and weather, dive 1000 is doable on this trip, if I get in a couple extra shore dives.
Also, my written log book was started in '02, not in the mid 90s as I thought, and the PADI course director I was working with, as a refresher for my 1970 Y Cert, and I, picked a conservative number of 40, for my dive history over the previous 30+ years, since I was an only occasional diver for a great deal of the time (prior to 1995, when I discovered Warm Water!).
Diving the Caribbean sure was a step up from my previous NY, ME and MA, and even Monterrey Bay diving!
I probably have done 1K, but maybe this trip I can make it official.
For everyone's benefit though, we shall skip any naked diving. Trust me on this.

Back
Top Bottom