ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Roxanne and Dennis for a great trip.
Thanks to all of the sponsors who helped by adding such great prizes.
And thanks to group 7 for tolerating the gimp for 11 dives.

That last post was supposedly sent over 2 hours ago, sorry.
Now sitting on board at O'Hare, with a "maintenance issue" on our plane to Newark.
Fingers crossed.

edit:
Oh boy.
"Maintenance issues" on our plane's guidance system at O'Hare, and now returning to the terminal.

I need to post a heads up to my fellow Invaders.
I just tested Positive for Covid on a home test kit.
What started out on Thurs as a stomach bug, and was improving quickly, morphed into a wicked head cold while we were traveling home yesterday.
Because of massive flight delays we did not get to my brother's until 4AM.
I was too exhausted to test then but I just took the test.

Obviously there was an exposure at some point during our Invasion, and I want everyone to be aware, and alert for symptoms.

Thanks for the heads up! We hope you’re ok! We plan to take a test when we get home later today.

Thanks @gypsyjim. I just got my PCR swab and Mrs. Dish is getting hers right now. I had the same symptoms as Jim mentioned earlier, although my head cold is pretty benign. No fever. Mrs. Dish has zero symptoms, but wanted to get checked anyway. We are both double jabbed and double boosted. We’ll get the results tomorrow.

I need to post a heads up to my fellow Invaders.
I just tested Positive for Covid on a home test kit.
What started out on Thurs as a stomach bug, and was improving quickly, morphed into a wicked head cold while we were traveling home yesterday.
Because of massive flight delays we did not get to my brother's until 4AM.
I was too exhausted to test then but I just took the test.

Obviously there was an exposure at some point during our Invasion, and I want everyone to be aware, and alert for symptoms.
Thanks!

Lynn and I both tested positive for COVID this morning, as well.

Lynn had what we believed was a massive allergy attack Tuesday or Wednesday (can't remember which). Her frequent allergy attacks mimic COVID - and she tested negative that day. I had a scratchy throat by Thursday evening - which I attributed to breathing dry air from a tank for 5 days. But I started masking indoors just to be on the safe side. I tested as soon as I got home, and when my test was positive I had Lynn retest - and she is positive as well. So her "allergy" attack was likely the beginning of COVID.

I've sent a note to my dive team and to cardzard.

Favorite memories - Grupo 8 - Best dive group, ever!!!! I loved how compatible our group was. And @Queen Triggerfish is the best insta-buddy ever!

I haven't done dive travel with a group of people I didn't know ahead of time before, but I've been to Cozumel 3 times as a lone diver who got dumped into a group and assigned a buddy. So I'm used to being dumped quickly off the boat and chasing my assigned dive buddy who is off on an agenda all their own - so I typically see more of their fins than of the surrounding seascape

This was nothing like that! Long leisurely dives with plenty of time to explore - and a buddy who was not only aware she had a buddy - but knew where I was! And a dive leader who very quickly assessed our group and used that assessment to maximize our time and enjoy in the water.

I was also impressed with the care Dive Paradise took with any diver whose needs weren't the norm - especially those who needed a little more time and attention getting into or out of the water.

The "baby" nurse shark (around 3') hiding in a spongue (I think) was really cute! And a hawksbill turtle who swam in and settled between @Queen Triggerfish and me for a nice long chat!

Great trip! I'm looking forward to doing it again!

Back
Top Bottom